XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, excuse me for being such a rookie at this, my first time. I would appreciate any help. I got a new XF a few weeks ago and decided to de-badge the rear, with the plan to replace only the leaper and wording on the boot lid...but in black. This was to match the other chequered flag trims. I managed to get a black set which was a copy, but seemed a good one. When I tried to fit it, it turned out to be 'too' flat and no matter what I've tried it will not be manipulated and wont stay flush on the curvature of the boot lid.

I got onto Jaguar and was willing to pay the £80+ for the real deal, which does exist. They are refusing point blank to sell it to me as 'the computer' says its not a listed part for my car, therefore a modification. The parts guy at the dealership said that if I see an XF on the road with the rear black emblems to take a note of the reg and he may be able to order it, under the presumption that its for the other car. Lone behold I've yet to see any nor on used car sites either. Absolutely baffled by Jag on this?? I only want to give them more money?? Any help much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, 2 options , paint your own. Or get on autotrader find the car with the right bits, get its reg and your off. 😁

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Much appreciated 👍. I have been looking around at used XFs for sale but this badge, in black, doesn't seem as common as the XE. I'll keep looking...but yeh if all else fails its a paint job! 😂

·
Registered
195 Posts
Have you tried warming it with a hairdryer/heat gun, before applying to the boot?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dr M. After I had a go, my detailer did try that then reversed it up to the back of his studio with a big pack of microfibres jammed in between. He left it overnight like that. It was ok for a week or so but the head and front leg have now came away.

Started wishing I'd left it chrome haha. Much appreciate your time though.

Tried the used car sites again in search of an XF with these in black to get the plate, but no joy. If anyone has one and wouldn't mind giving me their reg to order this straight from Jag, I'd be extremely grateful!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts