XF Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My work colleagues had a good look around my XF today as it was my first day back at work after picking up the XF, and all gave a big thumbs up to the car! These are colleagues that typically drive a 5-Series or similar car. It was quite embarrassing to see grown men drool over a car!

So, i've had very positive reactions from family, friends and work colleagues. Nobody has had a bad thing to say about the car. Other drivers even let you out of junctions.

Big up the XF!

·
Registered
618 Posts
I feel like a celebrity in mine. Its pulling crowds when parked, admiring glances and thumbs up when moving even from BMW drivers! Even more suprising when you consider I'm talking about central london where bentleys et al are ten a penny.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'll mirror that. whilst in Wales went to Mumbles (Seaside town) and parked by the Pier, went to the coffee shop 20yrd away and sat in the sun. watched people walking by, if I had a pound for everyone that looked-stopped-looked into or had a standup debate with family or friends about the car I :p could have upgraded to the SV8 !!!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
ahhh mumbles pier :lol: does it still have the nightclub at the end :?: Had many decent drinks in the pubs along the mile.

·
Registered
61 Posts
WELL IF IT DID IT FELL IN THE SEA !!! BUT LOVE THE JOURNEY TO MUMBLES AS I USED TO LIVE IN MERTHYR TYDFIL AND ALWAYS GO DOWN TO VISIT WIFES FRIEND WHENEVER WE CAN. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
maybe my new contact lenses not working so good. it was proably up the promanade not actually on the pier itself. not a closed party/thread any grumpy old men over 40 can join in :D :D

·
Administrator
432 Posts
As a Swansea resident I can tell you that the Pier is most definitely still there if a little rusty and disheveled. The nightclub (Cinderellas) has unfortunately gone - ahh fond memories of that place even though it was a dive. It's been turned into an indoor skating rink now.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Today I had a couple of guys on a motorbike give me lots of looks and the thumbs up when at traffic lights but best of all......

I was stopped by the met police today, not a plod car but one of the silver 5 series unmarked cars they have and why did they stop me.... They were quite open about it.... want to have a good look at the car! they were hoping that one day it will make its way on to the police approved list. :lol:

·
Administrator
432 Posts
I seem to be seeing more and more on the roads now - 2 yesterday - hope it doesn't lose it's cache by the time I take delivery! Although I could do without being pulled by plod.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts