XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well< i've just passed the 1,000 mile mark and I have joined the scored rear disk brake club - two deep grooves on rear near-side chucking out a mass of brake dust staining the alloy rim. Other three wheels all fine. Looked at my six-year old X-Type - it still has four mirror-like disks. I will take this matter to the dealer as I also feel the brakes are a bit grabby and seem to wobble the car off-line. Not sure if connected but presumably could be if there's a problem with one wheel's set up??

Anyway, topic for this post is mostly on another subect. When my windcsreen wipers are on auto (and I usually have them on the max sensiiviity setting), they usually wipe 4/5/6 times or so and then seem to take a tea-break for a few seconds with the rain still coming down until the view is badly obscured before starting again. I have nothing obstructing the sensor. X-Type's work perfectly.

Anyone had similar problem?

·
Administrator
22,501 Posts
By all means have your discs checked over there may be an issue with them. It is interesting that I thought mine were scored badly at one time but the truth is today, 13000 miles later, I don't have any concerns because they now appear normal.
As for your wiper operation, that may be faulty. There has been a modification which involves the replacement of the control stork, so it is worth checking out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My wipers do the same. I think it's a feature ;)
They seem to work better in daylight, but there's not a lot of that around at the moment.

Martin

·
Registered
618 Posts
The problem with so called rain sensing wipers is that they are nothing of the sort. A sensor detects breaks in a beam and sets them off so its hardly a reliable system to start with.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: I was in at the dealer arranging to get rear brake disk and pad replaced and they did actually find a fault with the wipers. It was described as an "air bubble" which had got in during installation which was impairing the sensor so worth checking for anyone else with similar problem (thegasman?)

(I was also given free 2010 satnav update so definitely worth asking for rather than offering to buy.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts