XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Circa 1999 I was the proud owner of a black XJR with ivory leather. Apart from a few eccentricities it was a lovely car. However, the experience turned sour when I came to sell it two years later and experienced depreciation of such epic proportions that I pushed Jaguar off my radar.

After some very satisfying experiences in German metal, I finally succumbed to the gorgeous looks and power of the new XKR. Sadly, the interior space is just too limited and surprisingly, the drive wasn't that inspiring.

Almost as an afterthought I took a drive in an XFR. And I went into it negatively, really not expecting much. Within five minutes I loved it. For the first time in my current round of test drives, I got out of the XFR and back into my E55 and felt that I had just left the superior car. The XFR was slightly more powerful, handled better, felt nicer inside, and didn't seem to have any old-school Jaguar quirks.

Upshot is that I must have one and am now haggling with dealers for the best price!

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Welcome to the forum Quadbore :)
I wonder if you will be the first member to announce that you have ordered an XFR :?:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi

Speaking from the thrill of driving the XFR around the Norb ring last week I can say without a doubt it is one hell :evil: of a car and very very fast.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I am test driving one on thursday evening. I cannot wait. I would be very interested to hear how you get on as far as the best deal is concerned as I would be trading in my 2008 XF and would want to get the best possible price to change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts