XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would welcome a comment from our expert on quality control
I have been massively impressed with the quality control for the XF having visited the factory at Castle Bromwich in March and April this year.
I have also been hugely impressed with the service provided by my dealer

However,
Given that, how can my car have an incorrectly fitted rear bumper assembly that now requires 3 days at the Jaguar body Shop to repair?

I am annoyed with myself that I didn't spot this but there again I am not a Jaguar expert who spends all day looking at all the lines / fittings of doors, bonnet, boot on the XF

These experts do work, however, firstly at the factory, and then as a second check at the dealer prior to handover

On top of this my car had a scratch on the rear bumper that has led to 2 returns to the dealer already

So far:

Car collected 15/5/09

Returned to dealer:
15/5/09 - scratch spotted, taken to dealer
19/5/09 - scratch dealt with at dealer
28/5/09 - boot alignment spooted and returned to dealer, needs car for 3 days
8/6/09 - car will be in to dealer for 3 days

Would welcome any comment on this??

·
Registered
70 Posts
Generally quality control very good but there are lots of occasions where it can get damaged in between checks.Can only think it just human error in this case. Sorry could not be more helpful but at least it is being sorted.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay
Thanks for the comments. Car is under repair now and I am sure it will be 100% when finished
Not sure if they can adjust the fitting of the rear bumper or if a new one is required

1 - 3 of 3 Posts