XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Details of our XF quad Sports Exhaust

Please get in touch by private message, e-mail at [email protected] or phone us on 0800 7565347 if interested. Please post questions on this thread if you have any.

Sports Exhaust

Designed and manufactured for Spires and made entirely from 304 grade stainless steel, this exhaust is designed to add sporting character to the XF. The exhaust consists of a direct replacement pair of back boxes with twin tail pipes leading to a quad arrangement when fitted to the car. The tail pipe finishers have been chosen to mimic the XFR shape and sizing of 75mm bore with angled slash ends and have been spaced to perfectly the fit the standard XF bumper. This is the only system available with the tail pipe specially designed and developed for the XF, all other systems use off the shelf tail pipe finishers. It also means a standard XF looks just like an XFR from the rear.

Careful consideration has been made to ensure that the XF’s quiet cruising performance is maintained whilst adding subtle sporting overtones to the exhaust note.

Different fitments are available for all XF models.

Specifications:

• Fitment: Jaguar XF 3.0 V6 petrol, 2.7 V6D, V8 and SV8
• Style: Quad, slash
• Size: 75mm
• Silencer: Round

The exhaust carries a 25 year warranty

The pricing structure we are going to put in place is a 10% discount and free delivery to forum members.

Quad Exhaust
10% discount: £549 + VAT = £645.08

To qualify for the discount you must have made at least one post on the forum.

Please note: there is a three week lead time from point of order.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
I am sorry if the question irritates and is completely silly but I would like to know why anyone would want to spend nearly £1000 on what appears to be a beautifully engineered set of exhaust pipes.
Mention is made of the subtle sporting overtones to the exhaust note but how would the driver get any sense of that tucked away in a sound proofed and air conditioned cabin unless the car was driven with the windows down. Or is it derived from the knowledge that pedestrians who care about these things will notice and admire the car as it passes. I have watched You Tube videos produced by owners enabling the world to hear the exhaust note emanating from their modfied XF but still I am left wondering why :?:
I know there will be some that will despair at my question, the petrol / diesel heads out there, but I truly do not know what benefits come from an enhanced exhaust system and you do not say other than the fact the car will take on the appearance, in part, of an XFR and will have a sportier note and a 25 year warranty, which sounds like a long time. Is that it, or are there benefits associated with performance for instance; put another way, how could I sell this to my wife :?:

·
Registered
216 Posts
pekem said:
I am sorry if the question irritates and is completely silly but I would like to know why anyone would want to spend nearly £1000 on what appears to be a beautifully engineered set of exhaust pipes.
Mention is made of the subtle sporting overtones to the exhaust note but how would the driver get any sense of that tucked away in a sound proofed and air conditioned cabin unless the car was driven with the windows down. Or is it derived from the knowledge that pedestrians who care about these things will notice and admire the car as it passes. I have watched You Tube videos produced by owners enabling the world to hear the exhaust note emanating from their modfied XF but still I am left wondering why :?:
I know there will be some that will despair at my question, the petrol / diesel heads out there, but I truly do not know what benefits come from an enhanced exhaust system and you do not say other than the fact the car will take on the appearance, in part, of an XFR and will have a sportier note and a 25 year warranty, which sounds like a long time. Is that it, or are there benefits associated with performance for instance; put another way, how could I sell this to my wife :?:
i suspect it's down to personal taste at the end of the day :) .

i don't think the XF system would suffer from being a little louder, though the actual exhaust note of my XF is perceptibly louder than either of my S-types ever was, especially further up the rev range.

i can't see a pair of backboxes making a massive difference to performance. i suspect it'd be moreso in the diesel if you improved the flow, but you'd need to do more than change the backbox to make a major difference.

i think they look great - it does annoy me that the standard Jag tailpipes are essentially like the aftermarket finisher things that Spires mentioned before.

i like them, but i don't think it's something i'd consider for my car. my modding days are over

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
bob said:
i suspect it's down to personal taste at the end of the day :) .

i don't think the XF system would suffer from being a little louder, though the actual exhaust note of my XF is perceptibly louder than either of my S-types ever was, especially further up the rev range.

i can't see a pair of backboxes making a massive difference to performance. i suspect it'd be moreso in the diesel if you improved the flow, but you'd need to do more than change the backbox to make a major difference.

i think they look great - it does annoy me that the standard Jag tailpipes are essentially like the aftermarket finisher things that Spires mentioned before.

i like them, but i don't think it's something i'd consider for my car. my modding days are over
I accept what you say bob but still do not understand why anyone would spend nearly £1000 for a louder exhaust note. My question remains, how does the driver experience the benefit of this :?:
Also, you say " you like them", but what is that you like :?:
I can see the tailpipes, as presented from the rear of the car, are different and not unattractive but at nearly £1000, that is a lot for a cosmetic change :?

·
Registered
216 Posts
it's mostly the appearance that appeals. would i pay £800 for that alone - personally no. i'd be interested to know what Jag themselves would charge for a pair of backboxes though - i suspect it'd be similar if not more ;)

it looks like a decently engineered exhaust too, though you can't fully tell without closeups of the welds etc.

in terms of noise, past Jags i've owned have been extremely refined, but as a result there hasn't been much of a 'roar' in the upper reaches of the rev-range - this was particularly missed in the V8. as a petrolhead, i like to hear my engine sometimes. the XF does make a decent noise when you open it up, and it's definately noticeable in the cabin environment. with the aftermarket backboxes i'd assume that'd be increased.

but i've done noisy fast cars anyway. i ran a tuned nissan 200sx for 4 years alongside more mundane stuff before deciding on downscaling to one fast comfy family car rather than a fast unrefined car and a dull eurobox

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting debate.

Pekem, the cabin is definitely not air tight or sound proof on any car and the engine noise is a balance of intake and exhaust noise to acheive whatever sound level the manufacturers after.

The 2.7D is actually very quiet and being a V6 has the potential for a bit more sound character which our exhaust delivers. It is subtle so when crusing on the motorway you won't really notice.

Also it gives some style and individualism which people want. We've also been very lucky in that the XFR style has turned out the same.

Stratstone have reported that most of the interest on their forecourt has been for the exhaust and we've already had questions regarding fitment to the 3.0D.

·
Registered
216 Posts
SpiresST said:
Interesting debate.

Pekem, the cabin is definitely not air tight or sound proof on any car and the engine noise is a balance of intake and exhaust noise to acheive whatever sound level the manufacturers after.

The 2.7D is actually very quiet and being a V6 has the potential for a bit more sound character which our exhaust delivers. It is subtle so when crusing on the motorway you won't really notice.

Also it gives some style and individualism which people want. We've also been very lucky in that the XFR style has turned out the same.

Stratstone have reported that most of the interest on their forecourt has been for the exhaust and we've already had questions regarding fitment to the 3.0D.
not sure how much i'd want to make a diesel noisier tbh ;) good as they're getting you can't beat a petrol engine for musicality IMO, though i'm sure the note is tuneable.

in terms of the induction noise aspect - have you got anything in the pipeline in terms of air filters/induction kits :?:

would the backbox make any difference to power or is it pretty much negligible without other supporting mods?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
It might just be me, but I think the standard tailpipes are perfect, unusual shape and not overstated.
Now I have been known to dabble in the "petrol head" play area and would be interested to know if it would be possible to keep the tailpipe ends but gain the "sportier note" Sorry Pekem :oops:

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We've no induction mods planned, not really any point as it doesn't offer any significant restriction and there is already a controlled cold air feed.

The back boxes don't really add any power gains as the original system is already fairly free flowing. Our system has one fewer bend and the bends we have are bigger angles so there is a bit less restriction in the system.

The tail pipes from the original system can't be removed unless they're cut off, and then we'd have to design a new way off fitting them to our system, so not something we're planning to do. Also, everyone who's seen the car in the flesh has remarked at how good our exhaust looks and how well it fits the bumper opening and curvature.

·
Registered
15 Posts
SpiresST said:
Details of our XF Sports Exhaust

The pricing structure we are going to put in place is a 10% discount and free delivery to forum members.

Full retail: £791.49 + VAT = £910.21
10% discount: £712.34 + VAT = £819.19 (inc free delivery)

To qualify for the discount you must have made at least one post on the forum.

Please get in touch by e-mail, [email protected] if interested. Please post questions on this thread if you have any.

Sports Exhaust

Designed and manufactured exclusively for Spires and made entirely from 304 grade stainless steel, this exhaust is designed to add sporting character to the XF. The exhaust consists of a direct replacement pair of back boxes with twin tail pipes leading to a quad arrangement when fitted to the car. The tail pipe finishers have been chosen to mimic the XFR shape and sizing of 75mm bore with angled slash ends and have been spaced to perfectly the fit the standard XF bumper. This is the only system available with the tail pipe specially designed and developed for the XF, all other systems use off the shelf tail pipe finishers. It also means a standard XF looks just like an XFR from the rear.

Careful consideration has been made to ensure that the XF’s quiet cruising performance is maintained whilst adding subtle sporting overtones to the exhaust note.

Each exhaust is hand made in the UK and includes mandrel bends for optimum exhaust gas flow.

Specifications:
• Fitment: Jaguar XF 3.0 V6 petrol, 2.7 V6D
• Style: Quad, slash
• Size: 75mm
• Silencer: Round

The exhaust carries a 25 year warranty

Please note: there is a three week lead time from point of order.

Hi

Does this exhaust fit the XF SV8 ?

Regards

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We can do the exhaust for the SV8 and V8, this is not an off the shelf solution though as they need different silencing and they also user bigger bore pipes.

We would mate our production quad tailpipes to a new oval silencer and bigger pipes and we'd need the car for 1/2 a day to do it, this would be at our exhaust manufacturers in Cardiff.

Same price would apply for the exhaust plus an additional fitting charge.

We have done some SV8 exhaust development and it is very sensitive to boom, so we now know how to avoid it. It does sound fantastic when done properly.

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We've changed supplier and manufacturing process for this exhaust and acheived our aim of making it cheaper. We have also developed fitments for all 4.2 V8 models including SV8.

Prices are now:

Full retail: £600 + VAT = £690
10% discount: £540 + VAT = £621 (inc free delivery)

Details on the original post.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi , do you have a soundclip for the XF 3.0 V6 petrol version with the quad pipe sports exhaust?
I'm interested :)

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
R90 said:
hi , do you have a soundclip for the XF 3.0 V6 petrol version with the quad pipe sports exhaust?
I'm interested :)
Sorry we don't have any clips, only ever sold one I think and that went abroad, not many V6s around in the UK.

A new order against the V6 will have all the same updates as the diesel exhaust, so has the adjustable tail pipes and perforation inside.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lovely, just lovely.

2 questions:

1. how much fitted?

2. Any warranty invalidation?

And yes, I'm seriously interested

Me too Details please.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi, do you have the video of the spires quad exhaust on the XF 3.0 V6 petrol?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts