XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm very pleased to say that my XF arrived on Monday and it looks spectacular. I order a 2.7 luxury in Lunar Grey with Charcoal interior, Venus alloys, winter comfort pack (wont be testing that for a while), DAB & Ipod interface.

I’ve driven the care just under 200 miles in 2 days and really like it but have a few thoughts on the car. My reference point for comparison was my last car a 04 BMW 530d.

Pros
Very smooth ride, very quiet
Looks superb, glad I ordered lunar as I hadn’t seen it on an XF. It gets noticed!
Interior ambiance,
Venus wheel look well proportioned, I was starting to think they would look weedy.
Paddle shifts are superb, shift super fast compared to the BMW manual selection mode

Cons
Engine feels really flat, maybe it needs to loosen up but it is well down on teh BMW. What are they like after a few more miles on?
Seats give me backache, disappointed that for a £34k car there is no lumber support. Still struggling to get a comfy riding position
Noticeable wind noise from the passenger seat.
Manual – Jaguars equivalent to Ear & Peace, make the I-Drive look simple!!

Any comments from you guys who have had teh car for a while?

Cheers Ross

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I understand Jaguar is working on new front door seals. The 1996 E39 BMW 5 series suffered from wind noise and stiffer door seals were quickly introduced to solve the problem. My Premium Luxury 2.7D has electric lumbar support adjustment, but I have still found the driver's seat is getting more comfortable with use. After 3500 miles the engine is loosening up nicely and it is not using any oil, it also feels stronger and the mpg is improving.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I too had a 530d BMW and have found the same experiences as rclifford. Fortunately I went for the Premium luxury and got the lumbar support. The seats however, are not as comfortable as the BMW but the quality of the leather is a lot better.

I have covered 2,700 miles and the engine has improved (2.7d), but I don't think it will ever give the same punch that the 530d BMW does.

All round though I feel the XF is a better car with more style! :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Very concerned to hear that you have noticed wind noise from the passenger seat - have you talked frankly and openly to your passenger about that? :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts