XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not an XF but some might find it interesting.

This is our latest project: genuine XKR-S, new coilover system suspension (also available for the XFR...), floating race brakes, track tyres, Quaife LSD, exhaust on the way. Not finished yet but progress going well. Will be appearing in Jaguar World and JEC magazine soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QWqKrHagic

·
Registered
415 Posts
Love those brakes!!! An an XKR owner I will be watching with interest. Would love that 'S' kit on my car, the rear diffuser looks fantastic. Any power upgrades coming ? Exhaust system ?

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blade said:
Love those brakes!!! An an XKR owner I will be watching with interest. Would love that 'S' kit on my car, the rear diffuser looks fantastic. Any power upgrades coming ? Exhaust system ?
There were only 200 XKR-S made, and only 50 of those are in the UK. But everything can be fitted to a standard XKR and we're ensuring all our mods will as well, so you could create the same performance.

The brakes are the standard Alcon option that was available for all XKRs and standard on the XKR-S. They're actually not very good as standard as the pads are rubbish and the disc is very big but also one piece so very sensitive to vibration and pad knock back. Our discs fix this by being a floating type plus we have sourced pads from Pagid meaning lots of different compound options from road to full race. They have lots of power and no fade at all.

Suspension wise it's running our new coilover system that means adjustable ride height but also lots of spring options. This means you can tailor the whole set-up for what the customer wants in terms of character from sporty to comfort and we build to order matching the dampers to what is required. The XKR-S is obviously running our most extreme set-up but is actually still comfortable on the road. This system is available for all XKs, XFs and S-Types.

Engine wise we haven't done anything yet as the 4.2 XKRs have cooling problems on track and by increasing the power this will get worse. We've had to take the front undertray off to get heat out of the engine bay otherwise it goes into an oil temp protect mode.

Exhaust is coming soon but not started yet.

As for the body kit then the XKR-S design is a simple bolt on affair. It has front splitter, side skirts, rear diffuser and rear wing. Assuming the dealer will sell this kit to a non XKR-S owner then any bodyshop could easily paint and fit it.

Only thing I would say is that the XKR-S wheels really help the stance of the car. They're 9J front and 10.5J rear vs the standard XKR at 8.5J front and 9.5J rear.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Thanks for the comprehensive report. I'll be along to see you very soon.

Pete

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right it's been a while since the last update but that's because we've been so bloody busy!

The car is now finished and last Wednesday strutted it's stuff with journalists from Jaguar World Monthly and Pistonheads at Brands Hatch. Everyone was very impressed with it, it really is a proper weapon (Pistonheads' words not mine...) on track as well as on fast country roads. Overall it has turned out as good as we hoped.

Last bits we needed to finish were the exhaust centre section to increase the volume but retaining the active valves and further refinement of the spring set-up to get the balance of the car exactly right. Also the wheels have finally been done and really set the car off, it's one mean looking machine.

And remember, you don't need an XKR-S to create this car, any 07MY XKR can be made into this. I like the idea of a red one...

Exhaust:

And lastly a video of in car action from Brands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoSzLSsEd84

·
Registered
505 Posts
That looks fabulous and great video too :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts