XF Forum banner

Which make of car did you drive before the XF?

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The XF has undoubtedly caused quite a stir in the luxury saloon market and from reading posts it seems there are many who have moved from German makes to the Jag. Thought it would be interesting to know just which make has suffered the most losses. For the purposes of this poll have only itemised the 3 main German manufacturers, so apologies to those moving from other manufacturers.

I'm a BMW convert, and very pleased to have made the switch.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Previous Car

Jut realised there is already a similar thread for this, doh :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
9 Posts
My previous car was a jag (x-type 3l sports premium), the car before that was a Jag (XJ8 4.2) and the car before that was a Jag (XJ8 3.2). If fact I've had 6 jags. The best cars are Jags, and the best Jag in the XF! :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had a Porsche most recently. Never had a BMW or an Audi. But have had the dubious pleasure of owning an S Type R in the recent past

·
Registered
32 Posts
The XF makes me realise how ordinary the previous 5 series BMWs were.

Even the wife agrees, she never wanted to drive the BMWs but will take the XF at every opportunity :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
My previous car was an S Type but before that I had a 3.2 Audi TT and another TT before that. Before I bought my S Type I test drove an Audi A6 but my wife summed it up by saying it just felt like a "big rep's car". The Jag had so much character and felt like a luxury car. The XF adds to that with a sense of occasion and sophistication.

The other thing that put me off was the attitude of the Audi salesman. We'd booked a test drive in the new TT and an A6 but when we turned up at the showroom neither the salesman or the car was there so we had to wait for over 20 minutes. The test drive was over a fixed route of B roads and back roads and when we got back to the dealership the salesman effectively walked off and left us.

We drove passed the Jaguar dealer on the way home, decided to have a look at their stock, liked the look of an S Type Sport. The salesman asked if we would like a test drive which of course we did. He took us out there and then and let me drive on all different types of road (as I had said I did a lot of motorway miles) and he really took an interest in what I wanted from the car. Needless to say he got the sale and I just bought my XF from him as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts