XF Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I visited the Castle Bromwich site and saw my car being built. I work at Browns Lane (yes its still there, or part of it at least) Veneer Manufacturing Centre and Pilot Build assembly line.

It was interesting to see old colleagues I hadn’t seen in years and hear what they had to say about improvements made to the way our cars are built. Quality is of a very high standard and it was refreshing to hear how enthusiastic my colleagues are of the XF.

I walked along the production line and chatted to old friends working on my car and heard nothing but good things about this car. It sounds like initial problems have been resolved with the 2010 models and after seeing mine in creation I can only describe it as being present at the birth of a my child LOL.
Role on September 1st

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
I am sure you are right jagworker,the early niggles, and in truth the actual number of separate issues were far less than the impression gained reading through posts here, have been eliminated.
At what point in the "gestation" of your baby had been reached when you examined it :lol:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At what point in the "gestation" of your baby had been reached when you examined it
Hi Pekem,
I spent a couple of hours with her, up to the fascia being fitted and then off to the XJ assembly to see how things were shaping up there. The new XJ is absolutely gorgeous, I got to see a long wheelbase and can’t get over how big it looks, I think the Americans will love that one. I eventually managed to drag myself back to the XF line to see baby again with her engine fitted. Then back to Browns Lane to catch up with some work. All in all it was a fantastic day :lol:

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
I can imagine jagworker the XJ will look big.
I am always surprised how big the XF is when another is seen on the road either approaching or passing me. It is odd because I never feel that the XF is a large car when I am driving it, except when I am looking for a parking spot :lol:

·
Registered
425 Posts
I must make a trip down there at some point, I keep saying to myself that I will but never get round to organising it! It'd be a bonus if it was coordinated with your car on the line.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You would love it xfphillips you just need the factory build number from your dealer.

As for the size of the XF Pekem, I was parked next to one at work today in my X-Type and only then did I realise the length of it. It was a Jaguar company car and identical colour to my X-Type 'Jaguar Racing Green' I was surprised since I have never noticed that colour in the options list. It looked stunning!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
jagworker said:
You would love it xfphillips you just need the factory build number from your dealer.

As for the size of the XF Pekem, I was parked next to one at work today in my X-Type and only then did I realise the length of it. It was a Jaguar company car and identical colour to my X-Type 'Jaguar Racing Green' I was surprised since I have never noticed that colour in the options list. It looked stunning!!
Jaguar Racing Green is now Emerald Fire, and British Racing Green is now Botanical Green.

I assume they wanted some fresh names! :lol:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh I See :oops: first one I have seen in the flesh and Emerald Fire just doesn't look the same in photo's especially on a computer screen. Beautiful colour for the XF I must say :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
My wife wanted Emerald Green but I wasn't convinced. There were very few on the production line in that colour. The new "Cashmere" looks pretty close to Winter Gold to me. Having said that, the new Claret looked "richer" than the old Radiance, so maybe they don't always just relabel the same paint!

Mind you, my old Citroen CX was in "Bleu Argent" and I defy anyone to distinguish it from "Vert Tamarind" (it was a blue/green metallic) and no, I'm not colour blind!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts