XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings experts...

I'm on the verge of buying an XF2.7D PremLux. I have a choice of a couple, and one of the differences is that one has bi-xenons, the other not. What please is 'not'. Single xenons? Filament bulbs all round? Also, are the non bi-xenon lights good and bright. I'm getting older, receptors are getting weakr and I'd like to see where I'm going.

Thanks in advance

p.s. Hope to be here regularly if the plan comes together!

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Welcome to the forum Astacus :)
I will leave your question to the "experts"; I am sure that one of them will be along :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. I have seen some debate over standard bulbs, and the Philips Extreme update seems to get the thumbs up. I also read that some "bi-xenuals" get flashed more often - ( :lol: ). So, maybe not a big deciding factor in final decision.

Also do you know if the 2.7D has the 'we'll stop you putting petrol in here dummy' device, or is that new on 3.0D?

Thanks
Astacus

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the normal lights on my 2.7dPL. Live in the countryside and they are fine

Ref the filler for dummies (Petrol/Diesel) warning - it is not standard on the 2.7 PL.

Notice you have the chance of a few on offer. I will be selling my current 2.7d PL in Midnight Black with 19" Carellas (spelling) and iPod interface - available mid to end of Jun. PM me direct if interested.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Astacus said:
Thanks for the welcome. I have seen some debate over standard bulbs, and the Philips Extreme update seems to get the thumbs up. I also read that some "bi-xenuals" get flashed more often - ( :lol: ). So, maybe not a big deciding factor in final decision.

Also do you know if the 2.7D has the 'we'll stop you putting petrol in here dummy' device, or is that new on 3.0D?

Thanks
Astacus
This is only on the 3.00 series cars but you could do the same as me and use the device detailed in the link below.
Having used it for a number of weeks now I can say that for £5.00 it is a simple inexpensive solution that works well :)
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=783

·
Registered
281 Posts
Astacus said:
Greetings experts...

I'm on the verge of buying an XF2.7D PremLux. I have a choice of a couple, and one of the differences is that one has bi-xenons, the other not. What please is 'not'. Single xenons? Filament bulbs all round? Also, are the non bi-xenon lights good and bright. I'm getting older, receptors are getting weakr and I'd like to see where I'm going.

Thanks in advance

p.s. Hope to be here regularly if the plan comes together!
I've had Xenons on my last 2 cars and wouldn't be without them. Undoubtedly the light emitted is much brighter and I always find I can see past oncoming headlights much better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts