XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there,
I've got my first xf and haven't had the chance to get to know the fixtures and fittings yet.
can I pick your brains and ask the if pre facelift xfr seats, door cards and dash top go straight into a 2012 facelift one.
mine is a 2.2 prem lux with usual heated seats.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Since no-one has replied, I feel obliged to tell you, that this is not exactly a DIY forum. There used to be a lot more users, and some of those did actually perform service and smaller repairs on their XF's. Some even made different modifications to make their XF more exciting and better looking. Unfortunately a lot of those users seem to have disappeared. Perhaps a lot of us don't find the newer XF's very attractive. Jaguar has not been able to keep up with the competition, which is constantly launching new and more exciting cars. The current XF does not perform very well in reviews and in consumer satisfaction surveys. It doesn't perform well in reliability surveys. Not like the first generation XF, which performed very well in all those. Some, like me, have kept their old XF's. Others have moved on to other car brands.

All I can say is, that to my knowledge, the seats, the door cards and the dashboard top didn't change between the original XF and the facelift, which came out with MY2012. I have owned both, and those parts looked identical. But whether something has changed under the seats or behind the surface, I can't say.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The easiest way to tell is by the floor bolt patterns and by the part numbers (which are searchable online with some parts suppliers). The other way you can approach it is to speak directly to a independent JAG parts/service supplier or a Jag Salvage place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts