XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Why can't I post on any section other than the welcome page?
Yeah, quite frankly this is ridiculous. There may have been a perceived good reason for the forum to have been configured like this in the past, but in doing so it makes it confusing and off-putting for those new to the forum. Recently a guy got so frustrated with this that he simply left in dismay, never to be seen again. For those that do stay, their only recourse is to post their questions in the welcome section, which is clearly not what this section is for, but I can understand that new members feel they have no other option. Clearly the rules need changing imho. Lets hope an admin reads this and agrees.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
it is ridiculous i must say - I'm here since...2014, wasn't here for some time (1 year? :unsure: ), now came back - changes occurred (payed membership to have access to post in all sections and whatever more) and i lost most of the privileges I've earned before. i can post only in welcome section as well...from my memory - my post count is 30% of what it was...hey ho...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, quite frankly this is ridiculous. There may have been a perceived good reason for the forum to have been configured like this in the past, but in doing so it makes it confusing and off-putting for those new to the forum. Recently a guy got so frustrated with this that he simply left in dismay, never to be seen again. For those that do stay, their only recourse is to post their questions in the welcome section, which is clearly not what this section is for, but I can understand that new members feel they have no other option. Clearly the rules need changing imho. Lets hope an admin reads this and agrees.
I was wondering whether it was a pay up thing - that being the case, I expect to walk too, there seems little point in staying, after all, there are other forums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts