XF Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ongoing issue with the USB portable audio as follows:
When parking the car and returning, sometimes the system remembers which track I was listening to, and sometimes it doesn't. The period of time when it remembers varies.

Sometimes when I stop for 5 minutes to visit the cashpoint, I get back in the car and it starts at the first track (alphabetically) as per the user manual, where it says it will do this when the USB stick is docked. Other times it starts where it left off.

The time between leaving the car can vary too. I have had several occasions where 48 hours has elapsed and the system has remembered where it last played from.

I have used 3 different USB sticks (various manufacturers and various sizes from 1Gb - 8Gb), and tried all sorts of combinations of locking/unlocking the vehicle; leaving the vehicle for 2 minutes before starting etc. but I cannont find a consistent outcome.

My dealer missed my point completely and referred me to the manual, which doesn't answer my question.

If I burn a CD with exactly the same content as the USB stick on (limited of course to around 700MB) the CD player has consistently remembered where it last was, so the issue appears to be confined to the USB stick only. It also remembers where it was when playing a conventional CD.

I originally posted this as a general tech query viewtopic.php?f=26&t=977 but haven't got a definitive response. Can you shed any light?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've had similar issues - but hey its just like having an unpredictable shuffle function!
I suspect the problem is that the PAI hasn't got any computing function like an iPod or the music player on your PC so it doesn't order the track structure easily. I find I have to organise the folder structure much more carefully on a stick and it reverts to the root folder when power is cut off etc. Sometimes it locks as well but taking it out & putting straight back seems to work then. I don't know how other makes compare to Jag, would be interesting to hear if others have tips for using USB sticks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts