XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I still have to fill in my details but for the purpose of this query I have;

XF 3.0D Lux (in botanical green not that the coloyr makes a difference to the query)

1. Can I get the Portable Audio Interface retro fitted?

2. What functionality does it give you with the iphone/ipod, i've heard the XK connection to the ipod is not very impressive but is the XF version better with touch screen interface.

Thanks in advance for any help and advise you are able to supply

Derek

·
Registered
102 Posts
As far as I am aware the PAI can't be retrofitted, the interface however is very good; its a shame that you can't specify the 440W B&W system which is absolutely awesome.

·
Registered
247 Posts
GAWD said:
1. Can I get the Portable Audio Interface retro fitted?
The PAI cannot be retrofitted. However, on the Jaguar sound systems the PAI deletes the 6 slot CD changer so you are left with a single CD unit which may not be to your liking anyway. Only the B&W system includes PAI and 6 slot CD.

An alternative to the PAI is to copy all your music tracks to a set of 6 CD's and load them in. You can get access to hundreds of music files that way. The system supports MP3, WMA, WAV and ACC files in addition to standard audio CD's.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Andy is spot on with the above. I have a sizeable digital music collection and discovered when the XF arrived that a considerable amount of it is MP4 which the XF won't process.

Has anyone converted MP4 to MP3 or any other 'standard' format? If so, are there any noticeable quality issues with the conversion?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Look at Media Monkey (for example) to do the conversion and inded, manage your library. The loss of quality should be avoidable, but I always first rip my music off CD at the highest, uncompressed quality (FLAC, free lossless audio codec) and then downsample and recode according to final destination/disk space. For me, a 500GB disk in the box, and the ability to handle FLAC would be preferred! Storage space is astonishing now, I bought two 1TB disks yesterday for very little money. My first hard disk was 20MB (yes, MB) and cost £400!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Jaguar CAN retro fit the portable audio interface

Jaguar Swansea have retro fitted one for someone for £450. If it's of interest to anyone.

S

·
0 Posts
Great news...I was thinking about having this done.....although I`am a bit old fashioned and prefer CD`s.....I do have an i-pod but when it comes to smart phones I`am still living in the dark ages.....My old Motorola c520 is now 13yrs old....some think it`s retro cool....but most folk laugh and just think it`s naff.....Weirdly when it comes to work I always end up buying the latest gizmo or fancy piece of kit....but smart phones appear to have past me by.

·
Registered
120 Posts
this is important to me as it's an essential item and considerably increases the list of vehicles that are available for me to buy rather than having to choose one with it fitted. I saw the info on another Jag XF forum :shock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts