XF Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is 3 weeks old, has covered 2000 miles and fortunately nothing has broken.
However, it does have a number of rattles from the trim, and the rear view mirror casing has developed numerous large white "bleach spots".
I took it to Lancaster Reading to fix. The car was with them all day, and not one of the issues was fixed, despite them claiming they were. (why would they think I wouldn't notice?)
When challenged, they said the car would need rebooking, but all the rattles were within "acceptable limits".
In my view, acceptable limits for a freshly built £40k car would be rattle free.
The car is going back. If this dealer won't fix them, I'll find another that will.

Interested in hearing peoples thoughts on whether they think a new car in this class should have numerous rattles?

·
Registered
196 Posts
no this car should be the best ! but i have had 3 and each one has had aproblem with bodywork latest being dent in back panel n/side looking from back as panel meets back door all xfs have this

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
My car has been in 3 times for rattles, and is going back in again, and will until it is right.

·
Registered
196 Posts
dont give up unless the hard earned cash you paid for the car does not bother you as it bothers me /will think of this when im going to work at 3.30am tomorrow!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. My thoughts exactly.
Though nothing mechanical is faulty, which would be a major issue, it takes the shine off a great car. If this dealer isn't up to the task, there's another just a couple more miles that'll be getting my business!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I expect a new car of this calibre to be rattle free. The only noises I will accept are those that happen in very specific situations or very rarely, any noise or rattle that is fairly constant should be sorted out and the Dealer should sort it to your satisfaction. I remember before my XF, in my 7 year old S-Type the kids immediately got blamed for any rattles in the car due to leaving pens or other loose items as there were never any rattles that were due to the car.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Pekem, how about starting a rattle thread? A description of the noise and where the rattle/rattles appear to be coming from and how it/they were fixed would be useful to future rattle sufferers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts