XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Detailed my car today and used a Clay Cloth for the first time. Having only used a clay bar, this was way easier and rendered excellent results. I also used some Poor Boys EX-P Sealant before polishing with my usual AutoGlym which gave a really glossy finish. I can fully recommend all these products and hopefully you will agree by the pictures. My car is now ready for sale and please visit the Classifieds on the forum if you're interested.

(The first picture is the metallic showing through, not dust!)

Attachments

·
Administrator
22,471 Posts
The above car is now for sale, see the members For Sale and Wanted forum :D

If this is not the owner of an XF that lavishes love and care on his pride and joy then I don't know who is.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes - its exactly like this one.

This is the guy who I know who sells them on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clay-Cloth-/281349421924?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item4181bb7b64

You need to wash the car first, then soak the clay cloth in soapy water, then rub the bodywork. You will feel it go smoother under your hand as all the impurities come out of the paint - the polish will then reflect better.

He does Red cloths which are coarser those who would only do this every six months, and less course ones which are blue for monthly.

EDITED: Just looked at photos from the ad in the For Sale Forum, and you will see a Red and Blue Clay Cloth on my lads moped in the background

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The above car is now for sale, see the members For Sale and Wanted forum :D

If this is not the owner of an XF that lavishes love and care on his pride and joy then I don't know who is.
Thanks Pekem - kind words appreciated.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Done - thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts