XF Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer slipped in the Platinum Service program on a 3 year lease. In 36,000 miles that equates to one set or front pads and 2 oil changes for $1,300. I would hope that's all the normal wear that would be needed. Too much or just right?

·
Registered
374 Posts
You'd also be looking at around two sets of tyres in 36,000 miles, or one set of fronts and two sets of rears at the very least. The brake fluid needs changing every two years and that's a mandatory change. Plus at least two sets of wiper blades.

So, you've got one set of front pads and two oil changes for $1,300 (unless i've misunderstood your post). I don't know what service prices are in the US but that doesn't sound like a great deal to me. Check to see if the two oil changes include a new ouil filter too. Otherwise you're just paying for a bit oil and 30 minutes of labour for the oil changes. Front pads are fairly cheap and would be 30-60 minutes of labour.

I would ask a Jaguar dealer what the fixed menu price for the first two services is and work out if the deal you got is cheaper.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts