XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After collecting our new xf diesel, we were very dissapointed with the ride quality. complained to dealer, and salesman agreed. after much testing, so did dealer technician, but could find no fault with suspension. our car has pirelli's on 18" rims, technician swapped for 19" rim package, and ride was apparently transformed. Confusing, since I thought it would have made the problem worse.
Technician's conclusion, need to replace pirelli tyres. currently awaiting findings of Jaguar factory expert.
Since discovering this problem, I have only seen dunlops on xf 18" rims. Does any one else have pirelli's.
Has this been a problem for anyone else.

·
Registered
204 Posts
saxon1 said:
After collecting our new xf diesel, we were very dissapointed with the ride quality. complained to dealer, and salesman agreed. after much testing, so did dealer technician, but could find no fault with suspension. our car has pirelli's on 18" rims, technician swapped for 19" rim package, and ride was apparently transformed. Confusing, since I thought it would have made the problem worse.
Technician's conclusion, need to replace pirelli tyres. currently awaiting findings of Jaguar factory expert.
Since discovering this problem, I have only seen dunlops on xf 18" rims. Does any one else have pirelli's.
Has this been a problem for anyone else.
What was wrong with the ride quality? Can you be more specific?

I have got Dunlop SP001 on my 18". They are generally fine but can be noisy on poorer/worn road surfaces.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Pirellis only come on the 18" wheel that's the same as XK, think it's called venus. The Dunlops come on the cygnus 18".

Sounds like there's something wrong with those tyres.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ride is firm to the point of making you ill, you feel every minor bump in the road. Decidedly un jaguar. Tecnician said without looking, you would assume tyres were seriously over inflated.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
saxon1 said:
Ride is firm to the point of making you ill, you feel every minor bump in the road. Decidedly un jaguar. Tecnician said without looking, you would assume tyres were seriously over inflated.
What are the pressures? I use the <100mph 32 psi in my 18" Dunlops (Cygnus wheels) and the ride is excellent. My XKR had 245/255 40 Pirelli P Zeros with 32F and 34R pressures. Although the ride was relatively comfortable they did tend to tramline on clapped out and ridged roads

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
presures were 31 psi as per plate.
Also, just traded in 2007 xkr convertible. ride was so much better, even on 20"rims.

·
Registered
92 Posts
thats a bit worrying, I've ordered mine with 18'' venus alloys, and it arrives at the end of the month, let me know how you get on

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
rclifford said:
thats a bit worrying, I've ordered mine with 18'' venus alloys, and it arrives at the end of the month, let me know how you get on
I am very happy with the Dunlops on my 18" Cygnus wheels.Perhaps you could ask for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts