XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
22,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out in the snow :?:
It would be interesting to see a few pictures of your XF in a snow scene.
There might also be some interesting scenes to be witnessed through the window of your car whilst the nation is said to be at a standstill :shock:

·
Registered
216 Posts
pekem said:
Anyone out in the snow :?:
It would be interesting to see a few pictures of your XF in a snow scene.
There might also be some interesting scenes to be witnessed through the window of your car whilst the nation is said to be at a standstill :shock:

i'd have to walk halfway down the hill to where i abandoned it before. :(

got as far if not further than most fwds though :)

at least 6 inches here (stalybridge). main roads are nice and clear but residential areas are interesting.

got to work a little later as i happen to pass a deserted carpark on the way, so i got a little distracted. the inner 5-year-old took over. the XF handles well in the slippy stuff :D

·
Administrator
22,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well there was a report earlier today that the snow was leaving the south and was Goin' Up North :!: So you might well have an opportunity to picture a wreck if that "inner 5-year-old feeling" comes back in the morning :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
216 Posts
given that it was 8am in the car-park of a leisure complex which opens at 11, i didn't have much scope to wreck anything ;) also i think it's healthy to get a feel for how a car behaves in conditions like this, and how to drive it to avoid getting in trouble when it is slippery. maybe if more folk did that the nation wouldn't grind to a halt when the white stuff comes down :p .

i was more worried about leaving the car parked at the side of a road which was covered in packed, frozen snow last night - made sure it was well away from the junction at the end.

in total we had about eight inches yesterday i reckon. not quite the epic scale of down south, but enough to cause some disruption :) had to navigate the missus car down sheet ice to a gritted bit of road so she could get to work.

mildly gutted i didn't get a snowy pic though. maybe we'll have some more later in the week :)

·
Administrator
22,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bob said:
also i think it's healthy to get a feel for how a car behaves in conditions like this, and how to drive it to avoid getting in trouble when it is slippery. :)
I am sure you are right about that. Mind you, I was not much good at it when I was given instruction by professionals when I tried it at Silverstone on a BMW Track day. :oops:
They wanted me to drive it like a lunatic instead of just gently processing around on a slippery surface and trying to maintain control :shock:

·
Registered
216 Posts
pekem said:
Mind you, I was not much good at it when I was given instruction by professionals when I tried it at Silverstone on a BMW Track day. :oops:
They wanted me to drive it like a lunatic instead of just gently processing around on a slippery surface and trying to maintain control :shock:
that's Bee-emm drivers for you ;) :lol: though you'd prob be surprised how hard you can actually push a car on a proper track as opposed to public roads :shock:

i'll post on your other thread in a mo :)

anyway - ttiuwop :) taken tonight as things are thawing a little and the hills been gritted so the car is in its rightful place on the drive

[attachment=1:t55ww572]snowxf1.JPG[/attachment:t55ww572]

[attachment=0:t55ww572]snowxf2.jpg[/attachment:t55ww572]

sorry i'm no david bailey :( more snow pics needed - where are yours pekem :)

·
Administrator
22,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bob said:
pekem said:
sorry i'm no david bailey :( more snow pics needed - where are yours pekem :)
Excellent pictures Bob :)
You may get your chance tomorrow, they are now saying it is coming down from the North, not Goin' Up North as we were told at first.
You ask where my pictures are; I was scared off by the weather people and did not take it out of the garage :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts