XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Jaguar's Castle Bromwich factory this afternoon and was shown around the production facilities.

Below is a picture of my actual car at the start of the trim line.

·
Registered
628 Posts
XFCAT said:
Went to Jaguar's Castle Bromwich factory this afternoon and was shown around the production facilities.

Below is a picture of my actual car at the start of the trim line.

XF, any idea when youll take delivery?

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Amazing that you got a camera in and actually got the picture; must be a member of the paparazzi :lol: Have they relaxed the rule :?:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ greenie - car does not come off the trim line until the 10th September, so I reckon another two weeks after that.

@ pekem - I was not on an official tour, although I did see the film at the beginning. Was then shown around the factory by a very amicable ex-manager who located my car for me on the trim line. I did ask permission to take the pictures and he said it was okay. He said pictures were not generally allowed due to 'prototype movements.'

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congrats on getting to see your car, and being able to take a pic. I was on the tour last Wednesday, but missed my car by one day (at least that means that they built it ahead of schedule!).

I must say that the experience was quite a surreal one. Firstly, I have to say how good it is of Jaguar to offer these visits, especially for free. It shows that they care about their customers and displays a certain pride about what they do, without the arrogance of many manufacturers.

Also, did anyone enjoy the contrast between the buildings and what was going on in them? They really are 60+ years old, and dingy, austere affairs. Yet, what is going on inside them is full of new technology, a very impressively streamlined, modern production system that I am sure has much to do with the competitive prices they can charge. I also have to credit the workers who were all professional, polite and dedicated to their work. I'm sure that much of it can be incredibly monotonous, and so I hope that Jaguar give huge discounts so that they can take advantage of the world-beating product they have a hand in making.

There was also, however, a little bit of magic taken away from seeing everything in such detail. Also, my paranoid side would kick in when seeing the occasional nut or bolt on the floor and wondering if it was meant to be on my car! Nevertheless, it was a fantastic opportunity that I am glad I took. If only I had got there one day earlier...

David.

·
Registered
88 Posts
P.S. Are you sure that's not a pic of a fully equipped 5 series?

·
Registered
186 Posts
orangezorki said:
P.S. Are you sure that's not a pic of a fully equipped 5 series?
Fully Equipped!!!

Didnt you notice the Bonnet, its already got 'Options' fitted. :D

·
Registered
628 Posts
XFCAT said:
@ greenie - car does not come off the trim line until the 10th September, so I reckon another two weeks after that.

@ pekem - I was not on an official tour, although I did see the film at the beginning. Was then shown around the factory by a very amicable ex-manager who located my car for me on the trim line. I did ask permission to take the pictures and he said it was okay. He said pictures were not generally allowed due to 'prototype movements.'
Thank you sir!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Just to echo other comments, I went on a tour last Thursday.

Well worth the time - I had an excellent guide giving just me a personal tour. His knowledge of the plant & production processes was superb. makes the wait for delivery just a little more bearable!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts