XF Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day is nearly here. Picking my xf up tomorrow from Exeter . Some how i'm going to have to get a good nights sleep. The salesman has sent me pictures unfortunately the files are to big to put on this web site. But it looks fantastic. the spec is as follows:

2.7 premium Luxury
Radiance red
champagne and truffle interior
19inch carelia alloys
Bi-Xenon with adaptive lights
front parking sensors with rear camera
blind spot moniters
chrome vents
mud flaps
rubber mats
As soon as i get it home it will be washed dried and apply diamond brite all over. I'll probably start on the inside of the wheels to see what it's like. :lol:

·
Administrator
22,501 Posts
shapes said:
The day is nearly here. Picking my xf up tomorrow from Exeter . Some how i'm going to have to get a good nights sleep. The salesman has sent me pictures unfortunately the files are to big to put on this web site. But it looks fantastic. the spec is as follows:

2.7 premium Luxury
Radiance red
19inch carelia alloys
blind spot moniters
chrome vents
mud flaps
rubber mats
As soon as i get it home it will be washed dried and apply diamond brite all over. I'll probably start on the inside of the wheels to see what it's like. :lol:
WRONG! :!: :!:
"As soon as i get it home it will be" PHOTOGRAPHED and then the picture will be posted here :lol: :lol: :lol:
Have a great day tomorrow; the like of which you will have to wait a long time to have another :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"As soon as i get it home it will be" PHOTOGRAPHED and then the picture will be posted here :lol: :lol: :lol:
Have a great day tomorrow; the like of which you will have to wait a long time to have another :)

It's got to be spotless before i take the photo's. :D

·
Administrator
22,501 Posts
shapes said:

It's got to be spotless before i take the photo's. :D
OK, OK, the second thing you will do; we really would like before and after the treatment :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
You will definately see a difference after diamondbrite, it brings the paintwork up a treat, :D

·
Administrator
22,501 Posts
Neilson111 said:
You will definately see a difference after diamondbrite, it brings the paintwork up a treat, :D
Can't wait to see the pictures. Is it too late to do mine with the tratment :?:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't wait to see the pictures. Is it too late to do mine with the tratment

No it's not to late. I'll take some snaps from the dealers and once i have treated it i will take some more.

The diamond brite i bought on ebay. If you look for the previous thread on the subject there is a link to you tube it tells you how to apply it ect.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Very nice indeed.

Great colour.

How far after R32698 are you on the chassis code? Just interested! ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One more picture. As for chassis its r34865 [attachment=0:6s30018r]download.jpg[/attachment:6s30018r]

·
Registered
8 Posts
That looks great. Now i'm really getting upset, i've only been waiting 2 weeks so far and i've got about 4 weeks to go, but it seems like forever.

Enjoy !! :cool:

I've been looking at the technical threads and it is a bit concerning to see so many faults cropping up. Oh well, i'll just have to hope that they are all sorted before they build mine. I can then report on any new ones to save boring you. Seriously, who cares about a few niggles when it looks thiiiiiiiiiis good. :D

·
Registered
374 Posts
Forums tend to concentrate technical faults. Remember that a forum has far fewer posters than owners of XFs. Despite its niggling faults, it is a pleasure to drive an XF and it feels more special than many other cars. I don't know of any car in this sector of the market that can deliver a ride that I describe as 'driving fast through a tunnel filled with honey'! It is truly joyous to drive the XF and the long drive home after work is a great way to unwind and de-stress.

Many people, myself included, have very high expectations of cars and customer care from dealers and the manufacturer. You will find that the actual technical problems are relatively minor in most cases and that the real issue is the quality of after-sales service.

·
Registered
306 Posts
shapes said:

2.7 premium Luxury
Radiance red
19inch carelia alloys
blind spot moniters
chrome vents
mud flaps
rubber mats
Shapes,

Now that you've had your XF for a little while please can I ask you a couple of questions:-

1. Do you like the mudflaps - ie. do they look "right"?
2. Do you like your chrome vents?

Reason for asking is that I've just ordered an XF similar to yours, Radiance Red, ivory interior, 19" carelia wheels, etc. I've been tempted to add the chrome vents but am unsure of whether they look a bit plasticky and tacked on. I also considered the rear spoiler so if anyone wants to comment for or against it then please feel free to say.

I don't have a digital camera so will not be able to take pics, sorry folks, but Shapes' car looks lovely to me so you can go by that :lol: -

Twosheds - looking forward to January!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts