XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has worked fine until today, but now cannot get phone to dock.
I have tried deleting the phone and re-searching, pairing and docking, but, although it pairs, it will not dock! :x

I cant believe that I have 2 issues already in as many days (admitedly the door issue has probably always been a problem but only just noticed now due to school run!!) :evil:

I guess this is now where I find not purchasing from local dealer a pain in the backside!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
What a pain, also just read your message re the rear door too :( .

What phone are you trying to dock? I've used a Blackberry Pearl and iphone, both with no problem.

I'm sure you've thought of this anyway, but have you get the phone to search for the car rather than the other way round? I had to do that with both mine but after that been ok ( dangerous thing to say!!). Good luck

·
Registered
171 Posts
I use two phones, one at a time with mine. Both phones are Sony Ericsson. One is C902 and the other a K800i. The C902 behaves perfectly but the K800i is troublesome. It connects every time but then drops about 80% of the time. I've put it down to the phone itself. I'll watch this one with interest. I've mentioned it to the dealer and they have no idea what the problem is. They've heard of Blackberry problems but not with any other phones.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have nokia 6220 classic - its been working for past 3 days, but today has just refused to dock.
Andy will try as you mentioned, had 4gotten about reversing connection procedure, but to be honest trying to get a toddler out the car quickly was main aim when got home as preschool had given out easter eggs - that was NOT being opened in the car :). When I get a few mins I will try as suggested - thanks.
Any other ideas are welcomed... but more importantly, my other issue - opening the car door :!: :!:

Cheers

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dont why Jag cant get this right, after all you can by an after market kit for £100.00 that will connect to all phones and be singing & dancing, so surley someone could devlope something for Jag.

I use a Nokia naviagtor, everything works fine apart from the last 10 calls

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
I think the problem is that there are so many different makers doing their own thing. Remember how Apple invented Firewire and have now dropped it.
Jaguar can only work with that which is in front of them, not that which comes along subsequently.
Better to ask that the phone manufacturers agree a standard and publish the details so that all of these annoying issues are overcome :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts