XF Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an interesting colour because it does not photograph very well. If you look at pictures on the Web you'll see that this colour appears to be purple in many pictures. This is simply not the case.

It is a beautiful colour in the flesh and i'd say it's a warm, dark grey. There is the tiniest hint of purple but i'd say there is more of a touch of brown in there. Obviously the colour is mostly grey and is amongst the darker of greys.

I know that this colour puts some people off when they see it in photographs on the Web but you should really see it in the flesh to appreciate it if you are considering it. It's a complex, rich colour. with subtleties that show off the various swoops, scoops and bulges on the XF paintwork.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I specified Pearl Grey when I ordered my XF in September, but when I saw the colour in the flesh on a new XJ I switched to Vapour Grey.

·
Administrator
433 Posts
Well I hope I like it! I've ordered it blind off a product sample - I've seen some photos that I've loved and some where it looks really purple.

My order is past the point of no return now though so fingers crossed its as nice as I hope.

It looks great in your sig picture.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I like it. I havent seen a coulour yet in which the XF doesnt look good. Even looks good in Winter Gold and White!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I took delivery of my 2.7d Premium Luxury last Thursday having confirmed the order late February. It is Pearl Grey with Dove/Charcoal interior and looks superb. A number of poeple have commented on the colour and how much it suits the car.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hutton1969 said:
I will try and send some photos. I understand it is not possible to attach from own pc so may take some time!
Perhaps you can create an account with Photobucket:

http://photobucket.com/

Set it to private so that people can't browse your pictures and just upload them from your PC to Photobucket. You'll be presented with and IMG tag that you can copy and paste here to see your pictures inline.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^ Excellent choice of colour sir. Your camera shows the colour properly too, just as it looks in real life.

Is that ivory leather by the way?

·
Registered
64 Posts
The interior leather is Dove. It is slightly darker than Ivory and is complimented very well with the Charcoal facia etc. The colour is a subjective matter of course but I prefer it to Ivory not least because it suits Pear Grey, will be easier to keep clean and of course is not a £750 extra!

·
Administrator
433 Posts
Great photos - thanks Hutton!

Yours and Roma's pics have really whetted my appetite now. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas.

·
Administrator
433 Posts
Wish I knew!

It should be end of May but still waiting for the stealer to confirm it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm also getting the Pearl Grey with Dove interior (with Burr Walnut). Those are the first pics with that combo that I've seen so thanks! I've made the right choice - roll on end June/beg July!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Always interesting to see how individual tastes differ.

My Dove will be teamed with Ebony and, as a no-cost alternative to Burr Walnut, Rich Oak, the grain of which, to me, sits better with the clean modern lines of the XF interior.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi there, new to the forum but have been on a few others for some of the cars I have owned!

I have a Pearl/Charcoal combo with the American Satin wood and I love it. Pearl is such an "expensive looking colour" as a friends father with more than 50 yrs in the motor trade put it. I decided to go with the Luxury model then specced it with Venus alloys, Reversing camera, B+W, Chrome Vents and mirrors (still to arrive :evil: )

·
Registered
618 Posts
Steamdreamer said:

My Dove will be teamed with Ebony and, as a no-cost alternative to Burr Walnut, Rich Oak, the grain of which, to me, sits better with the clean modern lines of the XF interior.
How did you get the Rich oak at no cost? I have the rich oak and agree, it is the most modern wood

·
Registered
294 Posts
craig said:
Steamdreamer said:

How did you get the Rich oak at no cost? I have the rich oak and agree, it is the most modern wood
I asked!

I pointed out that Jaguar appeared not to know what they were doing with veneers - Burr Walnut standard on PL, but an option on the SV S/C, Rich Oak Standard on the latter but an option on the PL. I suggested that there was no justification for charging extra for Rich Oak on the PL, and in the end I guess that the saleman reckoned it wasn't worth going on arguing over a small amount of money.

I was more surprised that, with no pressure at all, he threw in the Supaguard which, for a non-obsessive cleaner like me, was much appreciated.

Who knows what their brief is? It appears from these Boards that various people get different deals almost at random.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts