XF Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When someone's sitting in the front passenger seat it sounds like there's a little bird trapped in there chirruping away when I go over a bump. Have tried moving the seat to lots of different positions but nothing seems to stop it :evil:

Any ideas as it's driving me up the wall :(

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
XFAndy said:
When someone's sitting in the front passenger seat it sounds like there's a little bird trapped in there chirruping away when I go over a bump. Have tried moving the seat to lots of different positions but nothing seems to stop it :evil:

Get a cat :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Seriously :)
I think it is very difficult to locate the source of such an irritant. I have a little rattle that irritates me but I am the only person to hear it so I do daft things when I am driving like move stuff around in the compartment boxes to see if it is something rolling around :?
Have you tried without a seat belt fixed in place when the passenger is in the car :?:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not getting cat hair all over my lovely leather :eek:

I'm sure the squeak is from the seat and nothing to do with the belt. Things like this just drive me nuts grrrr...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
XFAndy said:

How strange Andy, I have suffered from a similar noise which started two weeks ago only when my wife was sitting in the front passenger seat. I thought it was coming from the back of her seat at first, then the rear offside door, then the overhead trim, but eventually I narrowed it down to the rear parcel shelf. Eventually the noise occured regardless of what seats were occupied. Today I located the source of the irritation - one of the front offside top pieces of black boot interior trim was bouncing up and down and rubbing/touching against the metal of the rear parcel shelf and maybe the back of the right rear seat when the car passed over bumps in the road. I have stopped the noise completely by pushing soft foam behind and between the various bits of front and top boot trim in that area. It's not a bad idea to pad out the junction plug forward of the boot the light as this seems prone to rattling.
Good luck.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks John, I'll give that a try.

I've only ever heard this particular squeak when the passenger seat is occupied, however I can't make it do it when the car is stationary and I try bouncing on it (not a pretty sight :D ).

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
XFAndy said:
Thanks John, I'll give that a try.

I've only ever heard this particular squeak when the passenger seat is occupied, however I can't make it do it when the car is stationary and I try bouncing on it (not a pretty sight :D ).
Ditto and thumping different suspect areas of the interior will not produced the squeaks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In addition to a passenger seat squeak I have noticed an irritating rattle which sounds like a loose screw resonating against the front windscreen when driving over rough roads.
When I put on the Windscreen wipers the noise lessens.
Does anyone have any suggestions (polite ones!).

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
My twittering squeak stopped abruptly after driving over some very rough ground in a National Trust car park. The car was also heat soaked in the sun, but the end result is that the squeak/rattle has disappeared. The cause might have reseated itself, or been silenced by the higher temperatures we are enjoying. I have now covered sixty miles in blissful silence, so fingers crossed it won't return.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts