XF Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again.... having ordered my XF, I am wondering - rear parking sensor, is this a standard piece of kit, with the camera/front sensors being the "option", or to get the rear parking sensors, do you need to go for the whole pack, including the camera which I am not really interested in?

Sorry if that seems a daft question!

Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I didn't get the parking pack with mine and now wish I had. In fact, I tried to add it during the long delivery wait but the spec is/was fixed early on - so you need to decide when you first place the order.

There is supposed to be a dip function on the inside door mirror which would help but I can't seem to get it to work (no sure if it is me, the car or just not in the basic spec I have).

The rear and front views are pretty awful - I'd recommend the pack.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tim - having just re-read the brochure, I see the rear parking sensors are standard, so the camera etc would be the optional extras.... I am upto my budget in the extras i've already gone for so I guess I'll have to park carefully using the rear sensors!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Saltire said:
Thanks Tim - having just re-read the brochure, I see the rear parking sensors are standard, so the camera etc would be the optional extras.... I am upto my budget in the extras i've already gone for so I guess I'll have to park carefully using the rear sensors!!
I would strongly recommend the parking pack (£400) it will probably save you more than the initial cost in repairs due to parking scrapes. As well as the camera view out the back, the front sensors are very useful in avoiding low kebs and helping navigate tight spots in multi storey car parks.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yes you get rear sensors as standard but I agree, the extra for the parking pack is well worth it. The new camera software offers guidelines that the original ones dont too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Demo car had the rear camera - to be honest I found it distracting! Front sensors.... seems a great idea, but (as I am finding out) those clever people at Jaguar have made it very difficult to select individual option items, by putting things in "option packs", which very quickly rack up the price!

So while I like the idea of front sensors, I have reached my budget limit! It would be so easy to keep adding "toys" but don't think my wallet could stand any more!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
If I am reading the string correctly someone thinks the rear parking sensors are standard. I just bought a Portfolio model and was told the sensors only come with the parking pack. Hope I've not been duped.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Slickfingers said:
If I am reading the string correctly someone thinks the rear parking sensors are standard. I just bought a Portfolio model and was told the sensors only come with the parking pack. Hope I've not been duped.
Isn't it the case that the rear sensors are standard and that the camera, when fitted includes the front sensors, and that is the parking aid pack :?:

·
Registered
66 Posts
pekem said:
Isn't it the case that the rear sensors are standard and that the camera, when fitted includes the front sensors, and that is the parking aid pack :?:
Yes, Pekem - I believe you are correct

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The lens on the reversing camera is fisheye so it comes in very handy when revesing out onto a road or out of a space in a car park as you get to see if anythings coming before actually going into their path.

Seriously before any other extras I would highly reccomend the camera and sensor pack, you'll be kicking yourself a couple of months down the road!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Must have been having a moment last night. Yes the rear are standard on some models, I forgot I had them on my previous PL - I wanted the front sensors so had the Parking pack added to my new Portfolio. As Ben mentions earlier, it is an excellent piece of kit, especially in a tight spot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts