XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today whilst my 2.7PL is in for it's first service that the courtesy car, a new 3.0 has guide lines on the rear parking camera. Anyone know if this is available as a software update ?

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
I think you will find that the SatNav update that you have seen was first introduced with the 3.00 cars and is not retroactive to the 2.7 cars via a dealer. There was some discussion about the possibility of it being available with the latest mapping disc but I don't know of anyone that has bought one. It is the case that Navteq, the mapping software producers, work to the instruction of Jaguar and therefore it may well be that it has been incorporated.
I presume that your present system has been updated with the last version (vOB93) for the 2.7 car and that your screen is similar to the one below

More info here:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=619&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=40

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi pekem
are you saying that the rear parking camera software is combined with the Sat Nav software ?

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
mrmojo I am not saying it is a fact. It would need a bit of trawling through previous posts but I am sure that someone wrote suggesting that it was a possibility. I think the best course would be to ask Jaguar Customer Services via [email protected]

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Yes do that mrmojo tell us all the outcome.
In the meantime, your signature reminds me that we haven't seen the pictures you mentioned in another post, or have I overlooked them :?:
I long to see a Botanical Green with Chrome Vents again; I am having withdrawal symptons :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
pekem said:
In the meantime, your signature reminds me that we haven't seen the pictures you mentioned in another post, or have I overlooked them :?:
I long to see a Botanical Green with Chrome Vents again; I am having withdrawal symptons :lol: :lol:
You could always trade you UB in for a BG 3.0D S :lol: :lol:

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
penultimateblack said:
pekem said:
You could always trade you UB in for a BG 3.0D S :lol: :lol:
No, mrmojo's pictures will do nicely :)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I don't know about the rear camera as I don't have this option, but I have bought the latest update discs for the sat nav and it does update the software, I have the cancel guidance, and other "buttons" on the sat nav screen. ;)

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
philayl said:
I don't know about the rear camera as I don't have this option, but I have bought the latest update discs for the sat nav and it does update the software, I have the cancel guidance, and other "buttons" on the sat nav screen. ;)
It is then as we thought, the SatNav can be upgraded via the mapping disc.
It was understood that this would happen after the initial goodwill updates had been completed, which started back in January of this year.
If the camera software is integrated with the SatNav software, which it might be, although it would be surprising to me, then the aim of mrmojo to gain the interactive characteristics of the 3.00 L car's camera might just happen. If not now, perhaps in the future, and at an additional cost.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ah well...
Reply from Jaguar below......
JAGUAR XF
Thank you for your email concerning the cameras on your vehicle.
I am pleased to learn that your dealership was able to lend you the 3.0D XF and hope that your own vehicle is meeting your expectations.
With regard to the parking guidelines feature, I must regretfully inform you that it is not possible for this to be retro-fitted to your vehicle. Our engineers are continually developing enhancements to add to our range of models to keep them up to date with the latest technology and unfortunately this feature was not available at the time your vehicle was manufactured.
I understand from my discussions with our engineers, that we are not able to upgrade the software as this would corrupt the existing system.
This response, I am sure, will be disappointing to you and I am sorry we are not able to assist you in a more positive way, however, should you have any concerns or issues with your XF, please do not hesitate to contact us again if your dealership is unable to help in the first instance.
Yours sincerely
Customer Relationship Executive
Jaguar Cars Ltd
Tel: (01926) 691511

1 - 11 of 11 Posts