XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paramount Performance are looking for an XF 2.7 Diesel to carry out remapping testing on.

Up until now, remapping the ECU has to be carried out by opening the ECU and reading directly from the relevant chip on the ECU.

However, we now have suitable protocols to communicate with the ECU via the diagnostics port inside the cabin.

We are looking to find a vehicle to test on at our workshop in Slough, Berkshire. If ECU communication is successful the owner of the vehicle will receive an ECU remap with before and after dyno runs at a heavily discounted rate.

For further information please call me on 01753 533633 or email [email protected]

Thanks

Sean @ Paramount Performance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Pekem,

Generally it shouldn't be more than about an hour and a half. If the new communication protocols work then the remap process is pretty quick from there on.

You'd be welcome to wait for the work to be complete, view the dyno process and drink as much tea and coffee as you can handle.

Thanks

Sean @ Paramount

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Paramount said:
before and after dyno runs at a heavily discounted rate.
I would expect the discount to be 100% if someone is willing to lend you their own car as a guinea pig! :shock:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We've worked with the 2.7 engine in the past, we've tuned it successfully. All we will be doing here is testing the new communication protocols.

If we were pulling the vehicle apart and messing with the ECU then yes, I would see your point. However, this is not the case. We would simply be attempting communication with the ECU via the diagnostics port inside the car.

If you are interested in helping us out then by all means get in touch.

Thanks

Sean @ Paramount

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Sorry Sean, didnt mean to have a go.
I would have been more than happy to assist, but am a tad far away!

Also apologised on xfforum.com fella!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Presumably this will shaft the warranty ?.
Which wouldn't be good if you happened to blow one of the turbos.

With the array of computerised electronics on board it wouldn't surprise me if the car records everything that you do to it which could then be read by your friendly dealer workshop.

I'm happy with the performance of the car as is, it goes like stink if you want it to. If I wanted more speed, faster acceleration etc then I'd have bought a faster car in the first place and had some change left over. :lol:

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
greencat said:
Presumably this will shaft the warranty ?.

With the array of computerised electronics on board it wouldn't surprise me if the car records everything that you do to it which could then be read by your friendly dealer workshop.

I'm happy with the performance of the car as is, it goes like stink if you want it to. If I wanted more speed, faster acceleration etc then I'd have bought a faster car in the first place and had some change left over. :lol:
That sentence bears repeating except I am not sure about there being any change left over :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
greencat said:
Presumably this will shaft the warranty ?
Not if the dealer doesn't know it's there. I've worked in this industry for 5 years and have NEVER heard of a main dealer detecting an ECU remap. Service technicians at main dealers work on a bonus scheme, the faster they get the job done the more bonus they get so they look at the job card and crack on with it. What you do with your car is of no concern to them

The engine has been detuned by Jaguar, there is still room for improvement without even touching the limitations of the engine and components

I doubt that very much. Manufacturers have to spend so much time and effort actually getting the modern electronic systems to work properly I doubt spying on you is high on their list of priorities, never mind the whole bag of invasion of privacy issues related to that sort of idea

Whilst I'm not surprised you are happy with the performance of the XF D, not everybody shares the same opinion as you.
Believe it or not, it's not all about improving the performance. Paramount offer economy tuning as well as performance tuning. I'd imagine that nobody is actually meeting the Jaguar claimed MPG figures - I've had three seperate economy based enquiries about the XF already this month

Thank you for your comments

Sean @ Paramount

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
"Paramount offer economy tuning as well as performance tuning. I'd imagine that nobody is actually meeting the Jaguar claimed MPG figures"

Sean you say that you offer both economy and performance tuning. Are they separate operations or simply benefits of the process.
I suspect that few people, if being realistic, would expect to achieve Jaguar's stated economy figures, bearing in mind the almost laboratory conditions that they are subjected to when achieved. However, it would seem far less benign, to an insurance underwriter, when assessing the merits of a tuned engine if the objective was fuel economy and not power enhancement. Do the two go hand in hand or can you do one without the other?
Also, to what extent would you hope to improve economy by?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi
I'm just up the road in Uxbridge and might be willing to let you try mine. Would there be a discount if I had the mod at the same time?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts