XF Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My local dealer 'offered' to treat my paintwork with some kind of teflon and scotchguard the leather interior. I think the offering is called 'easycare'.

Supposedly this should protect the paintwork and make it easier to clean (i.e. no need to wax). He's asking for £299 (and will give me £200 back when I trade).

Is this a good/bad deal or more importantly - does it work?

Does anyone have any better suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Hmmm, what to make of the offer :?:
I think I would forget the cash incentive; it simply is not credible.
As for the treatment, well I think that you could achieve a similar finish by applying a "Diamondbrite" treatment yourself.
Others here have I think, and no doubt will give you the benefit of their advice.
You will find this thread of value and reading it through again I can see that penultimateblack is your man :)
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=282&p=2223

P.S. I will stick to a good quality polish :)

·
Registered
770 Posts
Dealers Salesmen get a cash incentive for conning gullable customers to have new cars treated with paint and leather and carpet protection.Diamond Bright paint protection can be bought from E-Bay for as low as £7 and I treated my XF in under an hour with good lasting results.Glyptone leather cleaner and treatment is well recommended costing around £12 and wiping the leather regularly does the trick with a lovely smell for weeks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice.
I bought some wax today and the car looks GREAT!

Cheers

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had both my original and replacement XF treated with Supaguard and it gives a really good shine on the paintwork and is very easy to keep clean and I have never had to wax it (never had any problems with the leather or carpets so I can't comment). On my original XF it was offered as a 'thank you' as there were no discounts availalbe at that time, the second time they had to do it free as it was part of the 'like for like' replacement deal.

Having it supaguarded by the garage gives you a warrantee relating to any stains and spillage etc. which I don't think is available if you do it yorself.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
iceman said:
Having it supaguarded by the garage gives you a warrantee relating to any stains and spillage etc. which I don't think is available if you do it yorself.
I have never heard of anybody who has tried to claim on a supaguard or diamondbrite guarantee.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've had supaguard on a number of my cars including this one and think its great.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Me too, specially as they did it for nothing! :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
penultimateblack said:
iceman said:
I have never heard of anybody who has tried to claim on a supaguard or diamondbrite guarantee.
Nor me but if it is nice to know that if there was a stain that wouldn't come out then they would sort it out. Also when I had my supaguard done they left a big bag of cleaning materials (shampoo, paintseal cream, tyre dressing, wheel protector, sponge, leather cleaner,etc.) in the boot which to buy individually must cost the best part of £50.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts