XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience of pain sealants - you know, Supaguard, Autoglym's Life Shine, Dualultrabrite etc? I was offered something I had never heard of by my dealership - rather a surprise in fact, because I thought Jaguar espoused the cause of Autoglym. I didn't take it up and all the advice seems to be not to let a dealer do these things as they charge a fortune. It's a big world, the world of sealants, polishes and waxes. I've decided to stick with Autoglym - indeed, I have just used thedir relatively new Aquawax on my wife's aged Ka and it works very well. I am thinking of going for Life Shine (or is that Lifeshine) on the XF using a local valeter - has anyone else done this or used another sealant?
Martin

·
Registered
294 Posts
Martin

My XF Supaguard-ed inside and out by the dealer without charge.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have had my last three new cars Supaguarded and have been very impressed with the results. My X3, almost 3 years old and 45,000 miles still looks like new after fairly hard use, the XK that preceeded my XF covered 20,000 mostly motorway miles in 18 months and didnt even have any stone chips. It was therefore a natural choice for the XF and after 4 months still very pleased with it, the only slight reservation is that the wheels dont seem to be quite so easy to keep clean as previously. Maybe they were getting tired by the time they got to them !!

Oh and they charged me £175 for the treatment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts