XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finding that once you start to use the paddle shift it wants to stay in that mode. Or at least it does during relatively slow speeds. You slow down and the gears drop down the box however you go to speed up and it stays in the same gear. If you are speed up coming out of a bend your steering wheel isn't straight and you paddles could be anywhere. If you have used the paddles and you want to revert back to auto does anybody know how you switch back your self? Thanks :?:

·
Registered
319 Posts
I find if you pull the right hand paddle ..(the gear up one) to you for a couple of seconds , it reverts back to auto.

·
Administrator
22,509 Posts
Sodgob is quite right, simply hold the right hand paddle for a a couple of seconds and the gearbox will revert to Drive. Same is the case if you are in Sport mode.
When driving at slow speeed, round a corner for example, the gearbox will not want to be put in an inapropriate gear. If you are in Drive and you drop down a gear you will see the gear lower than the one selected automatically, i.e, the correct gear. If you were at a very slow speed and paddled down you might find that you would be lurched in to first gear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts