XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 863 Posts

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was "out and about " in my XF and was attracted by the juxtaposition of my ultra modern XF with all of its technology and a scene of retailing, going back hundreds of years.
High Street, Market Harborough in Leicestershire is the setting, and I found it interesting that the shop window display includes, on the just visible yellow cards, each item has a complete handwritten description and price. All done by the store owner, the tall man in the doorway. He certainly appears to have allowed technology to pass by :)
When you are out and about in your XF why not take a picture and post it here :?:
It will be all the more interesting if you add the location detail :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
go on then - i'll play too :)

[attachment=0:34uk0c4w]elvxf.jpg[/attachment:34uk0c4w]

Elvington Airfield, Saturday 14th Feb. original image Copyright Xtreme Sports Photography

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent Bob, were you attending a private track day or can anyone have a go :?:

·
Registered
216 Posts
pekem said:
Excellent Bob, were you attending a private track day or can anyone have a go :?:
it was a trackday organised by http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk :)

lot of fun - been there already in Jan in my old S-type, and several times before many years ago. doubt i'll go again in the XF this year, (though it may find itself on track again at some point ;) )but it was well worth doing to get a feel for how the car behaved when pushed a little. really enjoyed it.

edit - another action pic, then i'll step away and await some more nice XF shots :)

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can see now Bob why your car colour is called Frost :)
As Bob says we now await some more nice XF shots from others :!:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Both cars look fabulous :)

I really like the way the Frost blue looks in Bob's pics.

Pekem that's a fantastic shot outside the shop there! You certainly have a talent for photography! :D

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Out and about in my XF I got as far as I could without wings, paddle or a tunnel :lol:

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Isn't it a great feeling when you walk round a street corner and see your own XF, all clean and shiny as I did today :D
Only problem was getting out; someone had very nearly boxed me in, but I am pleased to say the parking aid pack did the job very well indeed :)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
pekem, you must have a very steady hand to have taken that picture, when it looks convincingly like that Clio has run into the back of you.
I'm delighted the parking pack came to your assistance and this leads me to think parking packs should be extended to ward off danger from approaching vehicles; air horns, sirens, automatically protruding spikes - anything to protect our precious XFs :lol:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Its a Honda Jazz not a Clio..... ;) Love the new car pekem.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Lovely hanging baskets Pekem, I guess that is why you parked there? ;)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Finally after three weeks of ownership and only 100 miles on the clock, I got a few days off and headed to the North York Moors. I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them :D

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great pictures raregrin, all very "Heartbeat". :lol:
Please consider adding detail of your car etc in the signature panel of your profile @ ucp.php We like to know the models, colours and trims etc. :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Nice pictures ánd car! Seeing this scenery, I would love to visit England again for a nice holiday trip. Hopefully later this year (going to Bath).

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mindbrother said:
Nice pictures ánd car! Seeing this scenery, I would love to visit England again for a nice holiday trip. Hopefully later this year (going to Bath).
Great place to visit, mindbrother. :)
Not least because I have no doubt that SN08TOM will be pleased to see you at his famous butchery shop.
Picture below shows roughly where you will find him :lol:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
pekem said:
Great pictures raregrin, all very "Heartbeat". :lol:
Please consider adding detail of your car etc in the signature panel of your profile @ ucp.php We like to know the models, colours and trims etc. :)
My grateful thanks for your kind comments guys. It makes the abuse I received at the time from the family seem worthwhile, having evicted them from a warm car onto an open windy moor ;) I must also apologise for letting the side down, though some of you may not have noticed. In the 3rd picture I have inadvertently left a tartan rug on the rear parcel shelf. A tartan rug in an XF what a scandal :!:

Pekem, hopefully I have updated my signature.

·
Registered
204 Posts
raregrin said:
A tartan rug in an XF what a scandal :!:
I thought they were standard in all Jaguars. How else would you stop your trilby sliding about on the back shelf? :D

Nice pictures, BTW - we were considering taking ours up to Yorkshire for a weekend when it arrives, but settled on North Wales instead. So we will see what Indigo looks like in the rain ;)

Mark

1 - 20 of 863 Posts