XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my XF Premium Lux 3 D, Liquid silver, charcoal, with 20" Selena's and Bi xenon lamps. I will yake delivery from HA Fox Nottingham in September. Chose this dealer rather than local Newcastle dealer because of better overall deal for my 3yr old A6. Since ordering I have been looking at a number of customer reviews and am getting worried that I have ordered a car that will give me years of reliability headaches. Are my concerns justified.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Close to ordering one myself.....must admit am getting worried by all the little niggles that people have and how they are not dealt with as they are "within acceptable limits" Off to look at MB's new E class coupe tomorrow, but my heart wants an XF..... will the head agree?

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Welcome to the forum robcon :)
I do think your fears are unfounded. Your 3.00 was developed after a lot of effort by the technical and engineering departments to ensure that the lessons learned from the 2.7 were applied to produce a world class car.
Keep in mind that this forum, as with all others, will attract the malcontents like bees to a honey jar. I don't recall seeing much written about faults on your model with the exception of the rattle on penultimateblack's car.
Trawl back over the months identifying the issues raised here on the 2.7 and I think that there are not that many, of course quite a few shared the same issue, and by and large they have now been resolved.
Anyway, for you robcon, the die is cast and you are on the Roll of Honour :)

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=707&p=5335#p5335

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
pekem said:
I don't recall seeing much written about faults on your model with the exception of the rattle on penultimateblack's car.
/quote]

Pekem, I think you will find my minor rattle is insignificant compared to problems posted by other 3.0 D owners.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi robcon, I've had my 3.0d S for 7 weeks and am happy to report not a single issue with it. It feels really well put together and I still think it a sensational car :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have also just ordered a 3.0d S premium luxury in Lunar grey with Ivory leather, rear parking camera and Senta alloys.Pick car up tuesday.
I have read loads of reports regarding the car and found most niggles surround the 2.7D and they seem to have rectified these problems on the new 3.0D.
I can't wait for tuesday.spent 4 hours yesterday getting the deal I wanted.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Welcome to the forum mally13uk :)
It's going to be a long Monday tomorrow; but what a day you will have on Tuesday :D
Take your camera along and post a picture after you get back, whenever that is :lol:

·
Registered
281 Posts
mally13uk said:
I have also just ordered a 3.0d S premium luxury in Lunar grey with Ivory leather, rear parking camera and Senta alloys.Pick car up tuesday.
I have read loads of reports regarding the car and found most niggles surround the 2.7D and they seem to have rectified these problems on the new 3.0D.
I can't wait for tuesday.spent 4 hours yesterday getting the deal I wanted.
Great spec :D :D

Tuesday will indeed be a great day and look forward to some pics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts