XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please excuse me if this topic has been discussed previously. I did a search and came up with some strange responses! How does one track his/her order? As always, TIA :)

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
It might be more complicated for you greenie, living in the States.
Here in the UK, a dealer can establish, once an order is in the system, the date of build and delivery. It is also possible to discover exactly where the car is at anytime in the process.

Now, in the States, it may be very different. If the car you have ordered is personal to you and Jaguar have noted you as the eventual buyer then it is probably the same.
However, if your dealer has just placed an order for a batch of cars without specifying the eventual buyer it may be that the most that could be discovered is the position in the build process of the batch.

Ask you dealer if your cars VIN number is known to him. If it is then I see no reason why the build date could not be discovered.
Delivery, in to the States will be something else. I do know that the build and delivery process is very sophisticated and that a date for actual shipping will be known, but of course after that, it will be a matter for the high seas, U.S.Customs and internal freight transfer.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you my friend. We are told here in the states that the delivery time is somewhere between 2-3 months.(not too specific LOL!).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts