XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After many years of driving company cars, I'm opting out and buying my own.

My heart is set on an XF but I'm struggling with the exact spec..

Originally, I was heading towards a porcelain white XF, but after seeing a car with the 'Interior Pack' (Ivory XFR seats with piano black trim - looked absolutely stunning and much more lateral support) I'm now at the opposite end of the spectrum and am thinking Ultimate Black with Ivory trim.

Trouble I've got is I also really like the Volans wheels, which are only available as part of the 'Dynamic Pack' - and they come in a shadow finish which I think would look stunning on a white car but not so good on a black one!

So, basically I'm after some second opinions:-

Porcelain XF 3.0D S Portfolio with Interior Pack in Ivory and 20" Shadow Finish Volans (White car, white interior, dark wheels)
or
As above but Ultimate Black (Black car on dark wheels)
or
Black car on standard colour wheels (Volans or Senta - not so keen on the Selenas)

I know that this isn't the worst decision to have to make!! but this is the first car I've ever bought brand new and I'm actually quite nervous!

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Black with ivory pack and standard wheels much more classy. If you are in the UK a white XF woud resale very poorly

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Saudi or Souther California; white will work well.
Here in the UK, as Craig says, Black is the way to go with the Ivory and standard wheels; Just like I did :lol: :lol:

X

·
0 Posts
Boo,

I've seen a couple in Porcelain White, one with a spice interior and they looked absolutely stunning, however I just don't think I could be brave enough to take the plunge. The darker colours just seem easier to live with day to day.

'Ultimate Black' with Ivory and Oyster would get my vote and if you do like the Volans wheels then the Jaguar bulletin (number 2140) that proves details of the 'Dynamic pack' states that they are also available in a standard silver finish so it may be worth finding out for sure before you decide.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a white XF Portfolio/ivory/satin on order. I could have obviously had any colour combination, but this time round white was the only one I was interested in - even though the dealer tried his hand at selling me (from stock), a black one, a silver one and indigo blue. But I decided to wait for what I wanted. :)

Saw a gold XF yesterday, looked twice at it as it looked really really good. :eek:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys.... Decisions decisions!!

I have to say, I think Jaguar are missing a trick by not having the option to configure a car - and hence visualise - a car on their website. More or less every other manufacturer does!

I'm erring back towards porcelain/ivory/piano black/shadow Volans - I've had black cars for five years and they are so difficult to keep looking clean, especially given the mileage I do (20K+ per year). I appreciate that White probably isn't going to be that easy either :roll: but I fancy both a change and something that stands out from the crowd a bit!

Resale-ability doesn't bother me that much as I'm PCP'ing it and will probably just hand it back - talking of which does anyone know how open to negotiation Jaguar finance are on the GFV?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have to say, I think Jaguar are missing a trick by not having the option to configure a car - and hence visualise - a car on their website. More or less every other manufacturer does!
I think Jaguar have been facelifting their website as it's been a bit "strange" for a few week or so. However, I logged on last night and the XF car configurator is back.

·
Registered
88 Posts
jagjp said:
I think Jaguar have been facelifting their website as it's been a bit "strange" for a few week or so. However, I logged on last night and the XF car configurator is back.
Out of interest, have any new options appeared?

·
Registered
425 Posts
It seems that Black is still the colour most people go for, at least the people who are users on this forum. But if I had to choose which colour, right now, would have to be the new Cashmere that I saw in the dealership last week.

On another note:- Hello from Stävnas, Sweden- I have only seen one XF in 500KM of motorway driving in my rental XC70 D5, it was most likely Emerald Fire, not Botanical Green.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
xfphillips said:
It seems that Black is still the colour most people go for, at least the people who are users on this forum. But if I had to choose which colour, right now, would have to be the new Cashmere that I saw in the dealership last week.

On another note:- Hello from Stävnas, Sweden- I have only seen one XF in 500KM of motorway driving in my rental XC70 D5, it was most likely Emerald Fire, not Botanical Green.
Good to read that you are somewhere in the world; I wondered what had happened to you :lol:
You can always post a picture at the link below of your car at an exotic location and we can decide for ourselves which colour it is. Have a good holiday :) posting.php?mode=post&f=35

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
xfphillips said:
Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to photograph it as it was in traffic.
Sorry, I misread your earlier post :oops:
I understood the Volvo was the green car and that it would have been good to see it in a Swedish setting :lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi all,

I think I'm going to go with my heart - not my head!

3.0D S Portfolio
+Porcelain
+Ivory
+'Interior Pack'
+'Dynamics Pack'

Now I'm trying to work the finances out - will be a PCP deal with (despite advice from the dealer finance man) a decent deposit.

Has anyone got any idea if the Guaranteed Final Value is negotiable?

P.S. Is a delivery (to the dealer) charge of £515 about right?

P.P.S. Is a quote of £399 for Supagard a record?!!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Boo said:
Hi all,

I think I'm going to go with my heart - not my head!

3.0D S Portfolio
+Porcelain
+Ivory
+'Interior Pack'
+'Dynamics Pack'

P.P.S. Is a quote of £399 for Supagard a record?!!
The Supagard quote is a rip-off, costing more than a £386.60 Parking Aid Pack which is a must ! :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry :oops: I have specced the 'Parking Pack', just missed it off my list!

It's certainly a must knowing my girlfriends parking abilities :roll:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hi Boo,

What are in the Interior Pack & Dynamics Pack? don't think these appear in the brochure?

I went for the Jaguar PCP deal at 5.9%. I'm putting a deposit of £8k down.

Don't think the GMFV is negotiable - at least I got the same value from a few different dealers - don't have the paperwork to hand, but think it was £13,710 after 3 years / 45,000 miles. (3.0D Luxury, metallic, park pack & winter comfort pack). Did seem quite mileage sensitive, as it was a fair bit higher based on a 30,000 mile deal.

I negotiated a fair discount of list price too - c. 10.9%.

Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts