XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I like the black grill. The wheels and flutes look dreadful.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i think on a nice shiny black car, it could look really good.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi,

Doesn't get my vote either.

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that a wealthy XFR owner wishing to achieve a "Stealth Bomber" look with an Ultimate Black body, grill and blades etc would go for the black wheels. For myself, I just love the look of the car created by the designers, plus the one outrageous indulgence of Chrome vents.
So for me, no thanks. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
No, I'm not keen on the wheels either .....but have you thought about re-spraying the whole car in matt black – it's not really my cup of tea, but a matt black Series 5 M Sport passed me two days ago and, surprisingly, I thought it looked very impressive ... a sort of stealth bomber look .... cheers. FTA

·
Registered
69 Posts
Would look good with aero kit or on a black SV8/XFR :eek:

S

·
0 Posts
SpiresST said:
Pretty much the reaction I expected, I think needs a black, white or red car to really work.
I have a rad red if you want to try it out and see what it looks like. I won't mind if i don't have to pay :lol:

·
Registered
107 Posts
It loses the luxury brand by putting black wheels on the car. Doesn't get my vote sorry.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Not keen on zero contrast in the wheels... Just a personal preference of course... I like bright wheels, but not as far as chrome wheels, yeeuurghhh :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don't like the black wheels either. It looks like it's had wheel trims knicked. The photo of the UBlack with the black grill really did work though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts