XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my XF 3.0D S Portfolio one week. Apologies for no photo thus far (needs a clean first), but here's some initial thoughts:

1) Thought in advance the absence of wings or side bolsters on the front seats might be a problem ref. lateral support when cornering at (legal) speed.... for some reason it isn't a problem (could be because I've broadened with age and am effectively wedged between the centre console and the door!).

2) The wing mirrors don't give a wide enough rear view.... not a major problem, but if anyone is thinking about ordering that rear-view (orange light) safety feature I reckon it would be worth it.

3) Yes, the glove compartment opening mechanism is a bit irritating, and yes it could do with illumination at night, but it's no big deal.

4) Unlike on a number of other cars I won't name here the gear change paddles are excellent.

5) Parking camera system is v. good and worth the money.... although not sure why they don't supplement it with a camera at the front.

6) Very impressed with the power of the engine (obviously the torque, but also the way the turbos are employed to minimize lag).

7) Auto change very slightly 'jumpy' at low speeds and when engine still cold, but very smooth after and above that.

8) Prior to delivery I loved the back of the car, liked the front, and thought the side view was okay ..... I still love the back, I've gradually realised it looks fabulous from the side (I've got Selenas and that small boot spoiler.... maybe they make a difference??), and I've suddenly realised the front – which has received a lot of criticism from some quarters – is a stroke of genius: a classic example of Jaguar coming up with a design that most of us don't quite get straight away, but then belatedly realise how good it is.

9) Too early to say about the MPG .... engine needs to loosen up... but averaging 29.8 at the moment doing mostly busy urban motoring, with a little mortorway.

10) I know after just one week I absolutely love this car..... I reckon the only thing that could change that is if I run into serious reliability problems...

Cheers. FTA

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Didn't we say exactly that FTA; you would simply love the XF :)
I thought that you had left very early that morning on your first trip out and simply kept on and on and on.
As you say, when you have spangled it all up you must post some pictures :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I agree with most of your comments - 5 weeks now and the car having had its minor issue sorted is superb.
Was stuck in a traffic jam the other day and I thought I was lucky!! Chance to spend more time in the XF!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts