XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the XF for 6 weeks now and in that time there have been 4 occasions when a complete stranger has come up to me and started asking questions and making very nice comments about the car :D

I can't remember this happening once in all the years I've driven Beemers and wondered if anyone else has had similar experiences :?:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have driven Jags for the past four years, a different model each year and can't believe the response the XF gets.

Absolutely everybody has a comment about it, and haven't had a bad one yet.

Went for breakfast last weekend along Southend Sea Front and was approached by a man who said he had just spent the last 20 mins drooling over my car. Definately makes me feel proud to have stayed with Jag and brought British.

Test drove a 530 bmw before I bought this and just didn't feel special, boy this car has changed all that.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I love the way it turns heads everywhere it goes!

We've got used to coming back to it and finding someone standing looking at it but... we left it in a car park in Craven Arms for an hour last month and when we came back there was a group of 6 people stood looking at it, in it and obviously discussing it. Being slightly embarrassed by that amount of attention we held back and watched them from a distance. When they moved on we realised the group wasn't a group as such because they moved on in different directions! I've never seen any car get the attention that the XF does :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi,

Yes same thing happend tio me the other day just popped out to Tesco for the wife doing my bit and two different people came over and said great things one found it hard to swallow that it was the new Jaguar had waited along time to see one but claimed it was worth the wait.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
XFAndy said:
I've had the XF for 6 weeks now and in that time there have been 4 occasions when a complete stranger has come up to me and started asking questions and making very nice comments about the car :D

I can't remember this happening once in all the years I've driven Beemers and wondered if anyone else has had similar experiences :?:
I have had similar experiences over the past year. It does draw attention.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
doc1 said:
I have had similar experiences over the past year. It does draw attention.
Welcome to the forum doc1 :)
It is good to read your experience of the XF; and it would be interesting to read more, having had it for a year.
Perhaps you could add a description and picture or two by posting here:

viewforum.php?f=25

·
Registered
86 Posts
Even at the Tendring Household Waste Recycling Centre (the local dump, to you) the nice man who works there (and helps people unload their cars, too!) commented that the XF was the car he would buy if his Premium Bond came up.

I think it is because they are relatively rare still, they do look good, and they are British and we all like to think that we can still make good cars.

At the Yacht Club the other day, someone said 'who has the Bentley parked outside?' whilst looking at my XF, I suppose there's a resemblance........... :D

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Tim said:
Even at the Tendring Household Waste Recycling Centre (the local dump, to you) the nice man who works there (and helps people unload their cars, too!) commented that the XF was the car he would buy if his Premium Bond came up.

I think it is because they are relatively rare still, they do look good, and they are British and we all like to think that we can still make good cars.

At the Yacht Club the other day, someone said 'who has the Bentley parked outside?' whilst looking at my XF, I suppose there's a resemblance........... :D
Often I have briefly mistaken the new Bentley for an XF from the front view; but I have also done the same thing with a SEAT LEON :!: :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts