XF Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I've had my car for just over 3mths and already building service history 馃槅.
Rwaly nice car when they run . Sticking with her gor now. Been on other car forums . Last was mk4 supra. So before I ask I search. Will update my profile over next few day.
Thanks
Malcolm

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update on life with the xf. From start to now in last six months. 1 x blow out , so 2 x tiers!!! 1 x puncture Had car washed which caused handbrake to stick on. Restricted mode , diagnostic said maf sensor. End up with 2 maf sensor, still Restricted mode, came across a post on here, ended up being cracked PLASTIC ? manifold, so changed both. Joys . Well took her out for a spirited drive earlier, and all is well, but seriously thinking of a sv8 or xfr now, as my brother has just picked up a lexus lc500. Nice v8 motor, so I 帽eed a v8 in my life now . Still like what I have, just didn't have a great start and from what I have heard , the diesel engine is more troublesome,

Registered
2009 XF 2.7 Azure Blue Metallic
Hi Malcolm, unfortunately manifolds appear to have a high failure rate with the diesels. As they are plastic it makes sense that they deteriorate with age as a design and there also appears to be occasional crank issues with some unlucky owners..
Some owners have no issues with reliability while others are plagued.
Interesting your comments on the SV8.
I too am looking to replace my XF with either an SV8 or XFR in April and like your brother my brother is running a V8 in the form of an XKR with the supercharged.
Not 100% decided yet but after looking at both from a reliability point of view and engine design I am are leaning towards the SV8.
Performance is really good and they come with a lot of toys as standard, as well as now becoming rare..
And of course if you want a bit more power you can get a remap and the pulley changed if this is what rocks your boat..
Hopefully you will have a few years trouble free from your current car, however if you drive your brothers car on a regular basis I am sure you will think again. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Malcolm, unfortunately manifolds appear to have a high failure rate with the diesels. As they are plastic it makes sense that they deteriorate with age as a design and there also appears to be occasional crank issues with some unlucky owners..
Some owners have no issues with reliability while others are plagued.
Interesting your comments on the SV8.
I too am looking to replace my XF with either an SV8 or XFR in April and like your brother my brother is running a V8 in the form of an XKR with the supercharged.
Not 100% decided yet but after looking at both from a reliability point of view and engine design I am are leaning towards the SV8.
Performance is really good and they come with a lot of toys as standard, as well as now becoming rare..
And of course if you want a bit more power you can get a remap and the pulley changed if this is what rocks your boat..
Hopefully you will have a few years trouble free from your current car, however if you drive your brothers car on a regular basis I am sure you will think again. :)
I think my mind is made up, I need a V8 in my life. Just trying to track down the right interior spec. Black and silver rather than woody wood. Trying to find out if 3.0 diesel shares same gearbox as the sv8. And one other thing, have all the xf's suffered with the rear underside corrosion, or did they open another pot of underseal in the factory on the later dated cars lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts