XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning fellow xf owners!

I have very recently converted from the braviaran murder weapon to a Jaggg’ and I must say I am impressed I have brought a xf r sport 2.2 2015, a few bits I’ve noticed mpg I’m not getting much above 36 it’s not the worst I agree but the 320 on the same journey was 42 but that was on 16” wheels not 20” but what I will say I am willing to let that slide as the reflection in shop windows looks 100% better. Also stop start was working but one day just stopped no warnings on the dash telling me it’s disabled nothing is this a common thing?

I have tried pressing the eco button and nothing happens I get the eco with a cross symbol appear then if pressed again it will disappear. I’ve tried holding eco button for 10 seconds and that makes no difference!.

is there anything I should be worried about with the 2.2? It’s got a full Jaguar service history and I will aim to keep a full Jaguar history with the vehicle.

thanks in advance

Jon

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Jon, welcome to the forum.
As you can imagine, mpg can vary widely depending on who you talk too, driving style, how the measurements were made, type of journey, etc etc, but I hate to say it (and bearing in mind your Stop/Start is not functioning) your figure sounds about right. I personally used to get around 37 with mixed urban driving (no motorways) . Another factor could be that the car is new to you so you're driving style may have to adjust to suit the cars dynamics. In other words...you're giving it too much 'clog'. :LOL:

As for the Eco function, you'd be surprised how many stars have to be aligned for the Eco to kick in; engine temp, oil pressure, etc etc. But the most common cause by far is the battery. Your model has two batteries in the boot, the smaller of the two is used for the Eco Stop/Start, it may be flat and require charging, but it may ultimately need replacing.

By the time my old 2.2 was six years old, the Stop/Start rarely (if ever) worked in the winter, but come the summer months would suddenly spring into life. I never thought the benefits of it working all year around warranted the cost of a new battery, but each to their own.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I have very recently converted from the braviaran murder weapon to a Jaggg’ and I must say I am impressed I have brought a xf r sport 2.2 2015, a few bits I’ve noticed mpg I’m not getting much above 36 it’s not the worst I agree but the 320 on the same journey was 42 but that was on 16” wheels not 20” but what I will say I am willing to let that slide as the reflection in shop windows looks 100% better. Also stop start was working but one day just stopped no warnings on the dash telling me it’s disabled nothing is this a common thing?

I have tried pressing the eco button and nothing happens I get the eco with a cross symbol appear then if pressed again it will disappear. I’ve tried holding eco button for 10 seconds and that makes no difference!.

is there anything I should be worried about with the 2.2? It’s got a full Jaguar service history and I will aim to keep a full Jaguar history with the vehicle.

thanks in advance

Jon

thanks in advance

Jon
Regarding the Stop/Start. I had exactly the same problem on my 2017 3.0 Portfolio. Fortunately, this showed up within half an hour of buying the car. Was only solved when the dealer replaced the battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi gents

I have so far tried to charge the battery two ways normal charge and repair charge i will see what happens at the moment I don’t believe it will work as it’s -1 lol

at present yes I have a heavy right foot lol old Habits and all that, my father keeps telling me that is not the way Jaguar owners drive... to be fair I was the same in my old x300 XJ.. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts