XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Bought my xf and trouble started already :(
Cleared all faults. Noticed plastic box at front of engine has a cable tie holding it and also sealer. Not sure what it is but when revving the engine can hear air and it splits. I've attached a pic off the internet.
Does anyone know what this is so I can search and order one. it is the front middle part connected the the front air box and connects to the inlet manifolds and has the two silver pipes going out of it. if anybody knows the name for the part, please could you reply back.

Thanks
B

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
It could very well be your Mass Airflow Sensor which the ECU uses to determine the correct fuel mix based on the airflow measurement this provides.

To get more accurate advice, I would recommend you give more details about your car when you post looking for solutions, like Year, Engine Capacity, Fuel type etc...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could very well be your Mass Airflow Sensor which the ECU uses to determine the correct fuel mix based on the airflow measurement this provides.

To get more accurate advice, I would recommend you give more details about your car when you post looking for solutions, like Year, Engine Capacity, Fuel type etc...
Hey,

Thanks for the reply. My son and I checked and the throttle body has a crack in it!! Have got a replacement so getting it fitted on weekend. Will update. Got the water in fuel too. Changed fuel filter, message came back other day. Will check wiring when remove the throttle body and if no issues, replace the sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts