XF Forum banner

Which would be preferable for under 10k?

• 1999-2004 - Jaguar XKR Coupe (4.0SC or 4.2SC)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2006-2009 - Jaguar XKR Coupe/Convertible (High Mileage and 4.2 only to fit in budget)

• 2008-2009 - Jaguar XF SV8

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been reading through the forums and got some general opinions, but some of the comparisons are older than others, so in the world we currently live in, I thought I'd ask afresh. In a quarter-life crisis, I'm considering changing my current Mazda MX5 Mk3 for something interesting with a V8 before fuel/tax/insurance/etc prices go through the roof. Obviously there are a few Jaguars that have V8s, but I'm specifically looking at the following:
1999-2004 - Jaguar XKR Coupe (4.0 or 4.2)
2006-2009 - Jaguar XKR Coupe/Convertible (4.2 only)
2008-2009 - Jaguar XF SV8
2009-2011 - Jaguar XF Portfolio/Premium Luxury (5.0 NA)

I know I'm in a more specific XF forum here, but which would likely be the best bet to go for? Before anyone asks, post-09 XFR's/XKR's with the 5.0SC are out of budget. I'm looking at a realistic max of 10k to allow for running costs, insurance and any unexpected bills that may come with owning an ex-executive type car of a certain age. Is the NA 5.0 still any good, or will I be regretting not getting the XFR all the time? Whilst SV8's are comfortably cheaper, is there anything actually specific to that car to be aware of? That's the direction I'm leaning currently, so I'm somewhat aware of the general XF niggles (water in the boot) and that the 4.2SC had been around a while by that point so should be quite reliable.

Thanks in advance, and look forward to hopefully contributing more with a new car in the near future

1 - 1 of 1 Posts