XF Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an Indigo Blue 2.7D XF Premium Luxury with Dove/Oyster interior - lovely and light inside. 19" wheels, B&W DAB/USB, blind spot mirrors, bi-xenons, rear sunscreen, voice control, rear view camera, rear and front sensors. March 2008 reg, 4K on clock, previous owner "the royal household"!

Pluses: Wonderful car to sit in and drive. Drive feels unconditionally stable even on sweeping bends at high speeds. Annoying problem with driver window not closing properly fixed by RTFM! Auto wipers superb! Auto lights over-enthusiastic. Love the blind spot radar.

Minuses: Cleaned it at weekend (seems to be a contractual obligation). The car goes on for ever!

More seriously: it is very hesitant off the mark. If I put my foot down to get out of a fast junction, there is a perceptible hesitation before power kicks in. Is this a type property, or do I need to get mine looked at?

Although I find it slow off the mark, there is power a plenty once going.

Curious: fuel economy. Diving back and forth in steady 70mph traffic on motorway, cant get more than 37mpg, at average speed of 54mph. How long before these engines bed in to maximum economy? Still better than the 17mpg I ws getting with my V8 Soarer.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Astacus said:
More seriously: it is very hesitant off the mark. If I put my foot down to get out of a fast junction, there is a perceptible hesitation before power kicks in. Is this a type property, or do I need to get mine looked at?

Although I find it slow off the mark, there is power a plenty once going.
it's a common finding, and i find there's a hesitation with my petrol car too.

discussed at some length in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=653.

welcome to the forum and good luck with the car :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts