XF Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
One is poluting, one is not. One costs a Kings ransom to keep on the road, here in the UK, one is free. One is welcomed in cities, one is reviled. I could go on :)
Peter The Tesla may not be polluting but the power sources that supply the current for charging, may well be.

·
Administrator
22,427 Posts
Peter The Tesla may not be polluting but the power sources that supply the current for charging, may well be.
Yes, but you need to balance that with the cost of refining, distribution and all that goes with carbon fuels.
It is a discussion we have had many times over the years in different threads, if not this one. It is an argument that will go on and on but the car makers don't need to worry about it because the government has set the test and on that basis the Tesla as a car is not polluting :)

·
Registered
9,965 Posts
Yes, but you need to balance that with the cost of refining, distribution and all that goes with carbon fuels.
It is a discussion we have had many times over the years in different threads, if not this one. It is an argument that will go on and on but the car makers don't need to worry about it because the government has set the test and on that basis the Tesla as a car is not polluting :)
And we now know how relevant the government test is to actual pollution :cool:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have ordered a new XFS, 3.0 Petrol, Italian Racing Red with Black Pack, std 19" wheels. Internally the red/jet sports seats, jet headlining, Grey figured ebony, heated steering wheel, heated & cooled front seats, Memory pack with folding mirrors, alloy spare wheel, InTouch Control Pro (380w), Laser HUD, this will be my 4th Jaguar, an X Type and two 2.2d XF Portfolios, so I am finally getting the power to go with the ride & Handling & Luxury!
Delivery is expected in January, bit of a long wait :cry:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dperton that's good news, however according to Jaguar CRC, they claim not to know when you can even order InControl Touch pro, so how has your dealer been able to provide you with a delivery date?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Dperton that's good news, however according to Jaguar CRC, they claim not to know when you can even order InControl Touch pro, so how has your dealer been able to provide you with a delivery date?
Yes I know JJJag, that is why I took it off my order, so my car won't have it, but it will have the HUD

41 - 46 of 46 Posts