XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last, been waiting for this since 1st spotted the XF review on Top Gear (Dec 07!!)
(Hence XF Long Wait)

Fantastic Car, already had loads of positive comments.

- can anyone help with how to post my pics. I keep getting a message saying they are too big and that only 250kb is allowed![attachment=1:1zijlnh1]xf 3 new.JPG[/attachment:1zijlnh1][attachment=0:1zijlnh1]xf new4.JPG[/attachment:1zijlnh1]

·
Registered
171 Posts
There are two simple ways.

1. Right click on the photos and select Send to / mail recipient. You'll then be offered the choice to send them full size or reduce them. Select reduce and a new email will open with the pictures attached. Drag the pictures out onto your desktop and then dispose of the email. It's much quicker than it sounds and you can shrink multiple pics at the same time.

2. Open them with Paint and using Image/ Stretch and Skew, reduce the pictures down by percentage, then save.

I know how you're feeling. I still love my XF, I'm going to have to speak to my insurance company at this rate becuase I'm going to bust my expected mileage by a massive margin.... can't stop driving it!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Q Hunter you are a star!!
Got the knack of this now. More to follow

·
Registered
219 Posts
Congratulations! I also thought about the Vapour Grey color, but under the pressure of my wife that changed into Midnight Black. VG is a weird color, depending on the daylight (sunny or overcast weather) it changes from dark to light. Checkout all the pictures on these boars as an example.

How is the 3.0D engine? Is it really as silent and strong as Jaguar says?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed re the colour. It took me ages to finally decide on VG but what convinced me was that it does look very similar in many ways to the grey that Aston Martin use.
In some lights it can look a bit brown but I actually like the fact it is a bit of a chameleon
Overall I thnk it is a 'grown up' colour. I was tempted by black but there are lots of people I know with black BMWs, Audis etc, so that put me off.

Re the engine - it is certainly very quiet, and having driven it in anger at the Gaydon test track in March (as well as the XFR/ XKR) I can assure you it has plenty of go, even in the non-S version.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Looks stunning thanks for the photos do please keep us updated of your new experiences with it! Love the colour was a choice of mine but succumbed to the black! Very envious now and I can’t wait for mine. When did you place your order? Enjoy…………………….

Richard

·
Registered
171 Posts
I went through 3 colour phases. The first one I saw was Lunar and as I've always been a fan of Steelie greys and thought that was it. Then I changed dealers and they had both VG and Black. The black look the puppies danglies but the finish was so shiny and reflective that I knew that it would drive me mad. We also have another black car in the household and I know how much hard work it is to (1)clean it properly and (2) stop the swirl marks showing. There are already some very, very feint scratch marks on my VG (early onset swirls) but I know that on a black car they would drive me insane. I'll mirror the comments above about VG being a car of many colours. I love it. Sometimes it's as grey as grey can be and at other's it develops a warmth that says special. One thing though, don't park it directly in front of a Jagwaar dealers. The VG picks up the magnolia and turns beige :shock:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RPB1 said:
Looks stunning thanks for the photos do please keep us updated of your new experiences with it! Love the colour was a choice of mine but succumbed to the black! Very envious now and I can’t wait for mine. When did you place your order? Enjoy…………………….

Richard
Hi Richard

I ordered on the 23 March, the car was built by 29 April at the factory, delivered to dealer on the 13 May, and I collected 15th!
Effectively 7 weeks.
Well worth the wait and having driven it over the weekend it is a real pleasure to drive

1 - 10 of 10 Posts