XF Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Fellow experienced XF owners!,
I am new to the forum and I am awaiting a new V6 petrol by the end of this month...a x-mas gift...have been reading lot of the technical issues...feeling a bit disheartned..am I making a big mistake...expert advice please....
regards shalako

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Welcome to the forum Shalako :)
You will have a great Christmas and if I were you I would put completely out of your thoughts the negative stuff you have read.
Keep in mind that the vast majority of XF drivers have never visited this site and are perfectly happy with their purchase. It is also the case that the great majority of members of this site have not reported any concerns whatever :)
Further, it would be a great mistake to think, as I am sorry to say some people do, that Jaguar ignore the evidence presented by their Dealer's reports and fail to improve, modify or correct service issues. This is a constant process and cars being manufactured today will have had the early complaints dealt with, witness the fact that people no longer complain about the rear window. It seems that the only remaining concern that has been raised that still requires a fix is that of the Sat Nav, which in fairness is not an issue for many owners.
So, just look forward to Christmas and anticipate a great experience. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the promt reply...it surely has taken some wt of my chest...I have added 18" weels, mirror pack, front sensors, crome vents and the colour is pearl grey..
adios have a nice week end :cool:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have an August built XF and it has not been back to the dealer once. Apart from a slight drip of water in the boot floor (which I fixed myself) I have had no problems.

Regarding your purchase, a petrol XF sounds nice but I couldn't bring myself to paying the £400+ road tax every year! :shock: Hence why I bought the diesel!

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
XFCAT said:
I have an August built XF and it has not been back to the dealer once. Apart from a slight drip of water in the boot floor (which I fixed myself) I have had no problems.

Regarding your purchase, a petrol XF sounds nice but I couldn't bring myself to paying the £400+ road tax every year! :shock: Hence why I bought the diesel!
XF CAT
you are truly a "scrooge". Imagine you are Shalako. You have just been given one of the best cars in the world and you don't want to pay a £400 tax :eek:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Scrooge or not, I wouldn't want £400 - £500 road tax hanging over my head every year.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dear Pekem & XFCAT..peace, peace... the only reason I have gone for the petrol option is cos I do not get much of a chance to do many motor way runs... so after reading the forums and talking to some of the jaguar dealers themselves...who finally switched of their 'diesel selling talk' with me!!... I am sure the tax is gonna bit me...but i hope i dont have to do the > 50 miles mandatory drive every other week ... ;)

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Shalako said:
Dear Pekem & XFCAT..peace, peace... the only reason I have gone for the petrol option is cos I do not get much of a chance to do many motor way runs... so after reading the forums and talking to some of the jaguar dealers themselves...who finally switched of their 'diesel selling talk' with me!!... I am sure the tax is gonna bit me...but i hope i dont have to do the > 50 miles mandatory drive every other week ... ;)
Whatever the cost Shalako I am sure you will just love the car :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Howdy Pekem,
I am told the pearl gray is due in a week or so...the only thing I find rather irksome is that despite the amount of dosh being spent on a car during the time of the 'crunch' my dealer at woodford demands petty fitting charges for accessories like pedal kit and side power vents... :x I hope I will be able to forgive him once I get the car in hand...Have a nice week end...unfortunarely i have to drag myself to work :cry: ...adios Shalako

·
Registered
55 Posts
At last ......another petrol owner. Welcome to the club. Mines the 4.2 V8 version and goes like s***, well lets just say very fast. No withstanding that the engine tone is fabulous which is something Clarkson would be proud of and is probably not evident in the diesels that everyone else seems to be buying to save 400 pounds a year!!!!!.

Go for it, and post some pictures, including the extras.

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Shalako said:
Howdy Pekem,
I am told the pearl gray is due in a week or so...the only thing I find rather irksome is that despite the amount of dosh being spent on a car during the time of the 'crunch' my dealer at woodford demands petty fitting charges for accessories like pedal kit and side power vents... :x I hope I will be able to forgive him once I get the car in hand...Have a nice week end...unfortunarely i have to drag myself to work :cry: ...adios Shalako
Shalako,
It may be your car will arrive sooner than you expect otherwise it might get trapped in the factory until next year. Let's hope that their need for your money causes them to pull out all the stops!
Surprising that your dealer is being so mean over the cost of installing the extras; in fact it is almost unbelievable :shock:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dear Pekem,
As you rightly predicted in your wisdom my car will be in pre X-mas; After a few e-mails etc..they have agreed to give me 2 years of free service :roll: but the fitting charges of the acessories stays as I understand it is done not with in the company deal!! :shock: ...any way now it is a waiting game.
Shalako

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Good news Shalako, now the exquisite wait begins. :D
I would love to be able to say that I am waiting for mine again because it was a period of both excitement and torment, marvellous.
Pleased to read that you have improved your deal by getting free servicing.
All of that and Christmas present to boot. :lol:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dear Mates,
Finally the wait is over..got my XF 3 v6 petrol...and it is an absolute pleasure to drive...very very responsive as well :cool: ...if this is so quick I would find the 4 liters scary...so far the fuel flap, sat nav, phone book, itouch, boot opening all seems to function in perfect order...touching all the wood around... ;)
will keep u all posted with furthur progress after I pile on the miles...
have a nice week end
Shalako

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Beautiful, simply beautiful Shalako. :)
Great pictures and a pleasure to read that you are so impressed.
Now just enjoy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts