XF Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all,

I have just yesterday become the proud owner of a Jaguar XF, so thought I had better join the forum.

My new (to me) car is a 2012 XF 2.2D Premium Luxury (190). It is finished in what I believe is Indigo Blue, the interior being Barley/Truffle and Satin American Walnut veneer. The wheels are the standard 18" Vela, which are incidentally my favourite design anyway!

It is in pretty good shape, purchased from a man who bought it off his neighbours (original owners) who had emigrated to Rhodes. Still has the original Guy Salmon (Northampton) plates on both ends. It's a fairly high mileage one at 99,000, so a cambelt is definitely on the cards, as well as a good service to ensure everything is in shape. Does anyone have any recommendations for an affordable but reliable garage/dealership which could carry out these at a good price? Preferably within the West Midlands please.

I've loved the XF since it was first released, and certainly don't agree with any generalisations about the age of their owners (I am 26 myself). Whilst I would have loved to have opted for the 3.0d V6, general fuel economy, as well as insurance/tax costs dictated I go for the 2.2, which still has more than enough poke for me.

Look forward to getting to know the forum!

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hello Charles and welcome to the forum. Nice looking cat there. It looks like it is the same colour as mine which is Dark Sapphire. 99k is not a vastly high mileage for the these cars but as you say, get the timing belt done and keep her regularly serviced and she'll give you plenty more miles. I can't help with a Jag indie in the Midlands but I am sure someone will be along soon with a recommendation. Enjoy you new acquisition. If you are anything like me, you will constantly be finding excuses to drive it! ;)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I had the same one from November 2011. It looks like the same colour, which is Azurite Blue. There had been an earthquake in Japan earlier that year, which destroyed a factory, that made a vital part of many metallic paints. Due to that, a lot of car manufacturers had to change their colours. Indigo Blue is more blue. Azurite Blue is almost black.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Charles and welcome to the forum. Nice looking cat there. It looks like it is the same colour as mine which is Dark Sapphire. 99k is not a vastly high mileage for the these cars but as you say, get the timing belt done and keep her regularly serviced and she'll give you plenty more miles. I can't help with a Jag indie in the Midlands but I am sure someone will be along soon with a recommendation. Enjoy you new acquisition. If you are anything like me, you will constantly be finding excuses to drive it! ;)
Thank you, it’s really hard to actually identify the factory colour, but whatever it is, I’m very happy with it! It particularly shines in direct sunlight.

You’re right, I’m looking for every reason to jump in it at any time possible!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the same one from November 2011. It looks like the same colour, which is Azurite Blue. There had been an earthquake in Japan earlier that year, which destroyed a factory, that made a vital part of many metallic paints. Due to that, a lot of car manufacturers had to change their colours. Indigo Blue is more blue. Azurite Blue is almost black.
I heard about the issues related to the Japanese factory. It does normally have an almost black appearance most of the time, although can appear quite bright and metallic in sunlight. It’s a really nice car to own and drive, and hoping to get many more miles out of it!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Charles the paint colour code should be on a label located at the bottom of the passenger side B pillar. It is a 3 letter code.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Charles, Congratulations. Five days ago, I too purchased an XF, a 3.0D Sportbrake 63 pate (2014) and am extremely happy with the drive and comfort of the car. She has completed 112,000m and I have just had her serviced at Hatfield's in Hull, who did a great job of checking her over. She has a RH vent that doesn't close (or open) and a rear LH door that doesn't unlock but apart from that she is in great condition and I am a very happy chappy.

Looking forward to benefitting from the forum and maybe meeting up on meets!

Enjoy your car, she certainly looks lovely!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts