XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, have just got my 1st 2009 Jaguar XF 3.0 v6 diesel and i am blown away by it in all aspects, just sorting out a few little niggles with window washers being quite weak but have ordered a new t-piece on the pipework as thats leaking. Does the washer pump tend to fail over time as well? Is there anything in general with the car to keep an eye on or replace before they become an issue? Any advice will be appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 XF 2.7 Azure Blue Metallic
45 Posts
Hi Craig, welcome.
Depending on mileage, Make sure cambelt changed and have water pump done at the same time.
Washer bottles, radiator header and thermostat pipes prone to cracking with age, keep an eye on them.
Wiring harness from boot lid can cause wiring to break, however I would have thought yours would have been done by now. Easy fix if your handy with a soldering gun or new harness from dealer only about £90. As the miles track up gearbox and diff oil change...;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, the car has done 97k when purchased it has had a 100k service and new belts and waterpump and all fluids so should be good for a while... im waiting on lancaster jaguar to get back to me with service history and repairs etc as it spent all its life so far maintained by them. As for the boot wiring i imagine thats been done... tbf everything works on it and it seems to drive like new its just the paintwork that needs a little tlc but then again its a 12 year old car.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi Craig, welcome.
Depending on mileage, Make sure cambelt changed and have water pump done at the same time.
Washer bottles, radiator header and thermostat pipes prone to cracking with age, keep an eye on them.
Wiring harness from boot lid can cause wiring to break, however I would have thought yours would have been done by now. Easy fix if your handy with a soldering gun or new harness from dealer only about £90. As the miles track up gearbox and diff oil change...;)
I discussed gear box oil change with Sturgess for mye 2.7 diesel, and got a NO accompanied by a Jaguar guidance that confirms it. So check with Jag for your model before any gear box oil change!
Cheers
Per

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I discussed gear box oil change with Sturgess for mye 2.7 diesel, and got a NO accompanied by a Jaguar guidance that confirms it. So check with Jag for your model before any gear box oil change!
Cheers
Per
yeh...regardless of that, it's still worth doing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts