XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

Took delivery of my 59 plate Vapour Grey 3.0 Diesel yesterday. Must say first impressions are very good - before yesterday had only test driven one a couple of times so had a chance to experiment a little yesterday. Performance seems very promising, especially in Sport mode with manual gear changes - haven't really pushed it yet though as mindfull to the running in requirements.

Just now getting to grips with the operational details hence my post. I have paired my phone with no problem - a Nokia 6310 - however in the address book that has been dowloaded to the Car, it is only showing a single number for each contact. In my phone under each contact name I have a few numbers - work, home, mobile etc, yet only the first number for each contac is availale in the car.

Reviewing the manual shows that the multiple entries shold be shown with the associated symbol for work, mobile etc etc. Anyone had a similar problem or got any advice as to how I resolve this.

Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Had a simular problem with my 59. I worked it out yesterday. I used my phone to send address book. Just select contact list on phone and send via bluetooth and send all contacts to jaguar, I don't know why it didn't do it automaticly but it might be a compatabilty issue. I have a samsung G600 and now it just does it automaticly everytime.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
norton said:
Hi there

Took delivery of my 59 plate Vapour Grey 3.0 Diesel yesterday. Must say first impressions are very good - before yesterday had only test driven one a couple of times so had a chance to experiment a little yesterday. Performance seems very promising, especially in Sport mode with manual gear changes - haven't really pushed it yet though as mindfull to the running in requirements.

Just now getting to grips with the operational details hence my post. I have paired my phone with no problem - a Nokia 6310 - however in the address book that has been dowloaded to the Car, it is only showing a single number for each contact. In my phone under each contact name I have a few numbers - work, home, mobile etc, yet only the first number for each contac is availale in the car.

Reviewing the manual shows that the multiple entries shold be shown with the associated symbol for work, mobile etc etc. Anyone had a similar problem or got any advice as to how I resolve this.

Thanks
Welcome to the forum norton :)
Great to read that you have a 59 plate XF. Please, whilst the weather is good, take a picture and post it here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=707
Members really do like seeing the same thing over and over, but there is always a difference, particularly location.
As for location, please add a little information about yours, and also the detail of your XF in the Signature section of your Profile at ucp.php

·
Registered
288 Posts
norton said:
Hi there

Thanks
I have the same Nokia 6310i phone, and the same problem. I suspect it's because the phone's as old as the hills but if anyone has worked out how to show all numbers for this particular phone, I'd also be interested to learn...and very grateful.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a 6310i and a 09 plate 3.0D. When I first paired up the phone it moved all numbers across from the SIM and a few that were also sitting in the phone memory. Never had a problem witht he ransfer so can't help much other than to say it is possible! :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Buy yourself an iphone. No problems what so ever.

·
Registered
88 Posts
footie said:
Buy yourself an iphone. No problems what so ever.
Can't speak for the docking with the XF, but in general I'm loving my new iPhone - it's simply the best user interface out there, just as with all other Apple products. Being able to simultaneously use it as a car phone and music server has to be a great reason to go with one if you are an XF owner with PAI.

David

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hacker said:
I have a 6310i and a 09 plate 3.0D. When I first paired up the phone it moved all numbers across from the SIM and a few that were also sitting in the phone memory. Never had a problem witht he ransfer so can't help much other than to say it is possible! :D

Not a problem with moving the numbers across - it does this fine - from SIM and phone memory - the problem is in getting the multiple numbers per entry across

1 - 8 of 8 Posts