XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I am a first time Jaguar owner having just bought a 2011 Jaguar XF S 3.0 diesel. It is in Lunar Grey with a cream leather interior. It is fitted with factory fitted side skirts and revised front bumper (Am I right in thinking this is the Aero Pack?)

Done a few jobs to it already:

1. Drivers door rattle (window mechanism cables foam had degraded - now sorted.
2. A couple of deceased insects resided in the 3rd brake light - deck lid removed and now they are gone!
3. The rear bumper had a repair shortly before I bought it and the diffuser was only very hastily seen to. A second hand bumper and diffuser now fitted in the same Lunar Grey colour.

I only bough the car on Sunday!!

It is having wheel refurbishment on Friday and I am torn between gloss black, gunmetal or silver. What do you guys think will suit the car? I am leaning towards black...

Here's some pics of what I have done so far

Hope to be a part of your community

Paul

IMG_E8072[1].JPG
IMG_8076[1].JPG
IMG_8077[1].JPG
IMG_8078[1].JPG
IMG_8082[1].JPG
IMG_8088[1].JPG

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Hi all

I am a first time Jaguar owner having just bought a 2011 Jaguar XF S 3.0 diesel. It is in Lunar Grey with a cream leather interior. It is fitted with factory fitted side skirts and revised front bumper (Am I right in thinking this is the Aero Pack?)

Done a few jobs to it already:

1. Drivers door rattle (window mechanism cables foam had degraded - now sorted.
2. A couple of deceased insects resided in the 3rd brake light - deck lid removed and now they are gone!
3. The rear bumper had a repair shortly before I bought it and the diffuser was only very hastily seen to. A second hand bumper and diffuser now fitted in the same Lunar Grey colour.

I only bough the car on Sunday!!

It is having wheel refurbishment on Friday and I am torn between gloss black, gunmetal or silver. What do you guys think will suit the car? I am leaning towards black...

Here's some pics of what I have done so far

Hope to be a part of your community
Welcome. Great car. Looks just like mine. You seem like the DIY type, and I am afraid, that we are not discussing that very much here. This forum has been less and less active for a few years. We are mostly talking about the survival of Jaguar Land Rover. So honestly, I don't know how many members are left here.

That said, we have (strangely) had quite a few new postings over the last few weeks about technical issues, and some of the old members, who have been silent for a long time, have responded to some of them. Perhaps people are getting bored from being isolated at home, and they are looking for online discussions. It would be great, if this forum would come back to life again.

While we are talking, perhaps you could help me. I also have insects in the 3rd brake light. Could you elaborate a little on how to remove them? I'd like to remove them.

My wheels were terribly scratched when I got the car. Both summer and winter wheels. I had them refurbished, when the tires needed changing anyway, and I used the other set. I just had them painted silver as originally. I think it's a classic car with crome grille and window surroundings, so silver wheels are most appropriate. But I'm also very old-fashioned. I can see, that darker wheels could also look good, albeit more sporty than elegant. In that case, I also think black would be the best.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome to the foriums. The car looks great.
I'm also interested in how you removed the bugs from the brake light. I'd heard it needs the rear seats to come out before removing the parcel shelf. How did you do it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well after a week of ownership he car has gone back! No fault of the car the service book that was promisedwuth it has clearly been lost so the seller provided a full refund

In relation to the insects and third brake light it was really easy to be fair. This was the video I followed - hope it helps

Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or if you re close to Manchester and bring a crate of Peroni I will do it for you!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Or if you re close to Manchester and bring a crate of Peroni I will do it for you!
Thank you for the offer, but I live in Denmark. It's a bit far away. But thank for the instruction video. I'm probably a coward, but I'm always afraid of scratching or breaking something. Sometimes plastic fittings break easily. But you are probably right. I should just take a deep breath and then do it. One think I didn't understand. Is it really necessary to remove the rear seat cushion? And if yes, how do you do that.

Oh, and I'm sorry about your car going back. I hope you'll soon find another great car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts